D-Link Router

Sagnik Pandit

Hey, Guys

I got a router from D-LINK DIR-825 AC1200. It is like 6 months old and now the problem which i am facing is that my internet speed is drooping for about two week. I got a 60 mbps plan and i am getting around 15 mbps download and 53 mbps upload. When i check in lan the speed was good. So i decided to reset my router but then also it didn't help still I am getting the same speed. Also i tried switching the WAN cable but it also didn't help. i tried in 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ with multiple devices but the speed was same. Even sitting near the router didn't help. From my ISP end there is no problem. About a week ago i called a technicienne who just change a setting and my speed was ok but yesterday my router got reset don't know how and all the setting got lost can you tell what are the setting i should be changing to achieve the full speed 

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (67).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (81).png

Screenshot (82).png

Screenshot (83).png

Screenshot (84).png

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (86).png

Screenshot (87).png

Screenshot (88).png

Screenshot (89).png

Screenshot (90).png

Screenshot (91).png

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (93).png

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

Screenshot (97).png

Screenshot (98).png

Screenshot (99).png

Screenshot (100).png

Screenshot (101).png

Screenshot (102).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (66).png

So I'm not gonna take the time to read through all these picture, but please take this advice-

Edit your post and remove the pictures, there is way too much information that if someone wanted to try and break into your network and access your devices they very well could.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

6 minutes ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

tried in 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ with multiple devices but the speed was same.

What about Ethernet did you try that?

Also have you tried updating the firmware? I had a DLink router once upon a time and its software was dog shit at best. Ended up having to flash it to DDWRT for it to work for a time. 

Also when you notice the crappy speeds do you try rebooting the router? 

How hot does the router feel? I have noticed that when some networking equipment gets too warm it can effect performance. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

What about Ethernet did you try that?

Also have you tried updating the firmware? I had a DLink router once upon a time and its software was dog shit at best. Ended up having to flash it to DDWRT for it to work for a time. 

Also when you notice the crappy speeds do you try rebooting the router? 

How hot does the router feel? I have noticed that when some networking equipment gets too warm it can affect performance. 

In Ethernet the speed is ok. And i have tried to update and degrade the firmware  of the router. Also the router runs slightly hot . Also Rebooting doesn't helps a lot.

8 hours ago, VectorTech said:

So I'm not gonna take the time to read through all these picture, but please take this advice-

Edit your post and remove the pictures, there is way too much information that if someone wanted to try and break into your network and access your devices they very well could.

hmm, I edited it and removed the personal information. Also i have a antivirus in all of my device so no problem at all.

7 hours ago, Sagnik Pandit said:

In Ethernet the speed is ok. And i have tried to update and degrade the firmware  of the router. Also the router runs slightly hot . Also Rebooting doesn't helps a lot.

Sounds like normal WiFi interference then. 2.4 Ghz is a heavily congested band. It shares the space with other devices. Bluetooth, cordless phones, wireless keyboards and mice as well as Microwaves. 5 Ghz due to its higher frequency has lower range and penetration power. BUT at least here in the US share the band with Radar (DFS channels) as well as a few things as well. 

My advice is to use a WiFi analyzer app and see what the airwaves look like. That can help you fine tune your WiFi. BUT there are no guarantees with WIFI. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.