Ryzen 3700x or 5600x for Premiere Pro & After Effects?

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

When Hardware Unboxed compared the two using the Puget Systems benchmark for Premier, which tries to measure application performance, there was a 3% advantage for the 3700X. So you probably wouldn't notice any difference when actually using Premier.

With the RTX 2060, you probably won't notice any performance difference in gaming either, unless you game competitively at 1080p medium-low settings. The 3700X and 5600X can easily max out a 2060 at higher settings.

The two have almost identical performance. The 3700X should offer some advantages for streaming and multi-tasking, but the 5600X has better single core performance, so it can push higher framerates and has the advantage in some other Adobe applications like Photoshop.

Hi all,

Trying to decide whether I should get the 3700x or 5600x with my priority use being video editing (I will be using it for gaming and streaming too but editing is Priority 1 as it's how I earn my living).
A lot of sites and videos only talk about the render/encoding time differences and seemingly no one mentions what the differences are when actually using the programs with the different CPUs.

The render time differences appear minimal and won't make as much difference to me compared to what it's like using PremPro or AE, like scrubbing through footage with heavy effects applied, or booting up and using After Effects with Premiere Pro running in the background (like if I replaced a clip in my PremPro timeline with an After Effects composition, something I do a lot to do things like make keyframe animations much better).

If it helps, my other components for the PC are as follows:

• GPU - EVGA RTX 2060 XC
  • CASE - NZXT H510
  • RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 - 3600 MHz - 2x16GB
  • PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G5
  • SSD - Samsung 980 PRO 500GB PCIe 4.0 M.2
  • HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB
  • Motherboard - ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

I appreciate any help with this.
Cheers!

When Hardware Unboxed compared the two using the Puget Systems benchmark for Premier, which tries to measure application performance, there was a 3% advantage for the 3700X. So you probably wouldn't notice any difference when actually using Premier.

With the RTX 2060, you probably won't notice any performance difference in gaming either, unless you game competitively at 1080p medium-low settings. The 3700X and 5600X can easily max out a 2060 at higher settings.

The two have almost identical performance. The 3700X should offer some advantages for streaming and multi-tasking, but the 5600X has better single core performance, so it can push higher framerates and has the advantage in some other Adobe applications like Photoshop.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

Cheers for the info! Can you please link me that Hardware Unboxed video?