Video stuttering, flickering but only on video player

betruxa

Hello, I recently got home from working abroad, so when I came, I made my pc again to do the usual stuff like gaming and watching some stuff. Everything was like usual, set up my pc, keyboard, mouse, 2 monitors and TV. Monitors are connected through display port and tv - hdmi port. Everything is fine, works as it should like playing games, watching youtube, nothing changed. The problem starts on TV.

Whenever I watch some movies or animes through mpc-hc it stutters pretty often. For example, if the picture goes from down to up (like scenery, I guess) it starts to stutter or flicker, I dont know right terminology, but essentially its like cut, and video is like too slow to catch.

I tried different players like vlc, windows player and built in windows players, but nothing helped, although interesting part was that flickering was little bit different, could say it was even less, but not non-existent. I am trying to use mpc-hc, because it has better quality thanks to madvr plugin.

Other thing that I had in mind that I could test on some 4k hdr movie like Joker. It was even worse flickering and it didn't give me hdr at all and then I checked hdr setting in windows and it says that my tv doesn't support hdr which is completely not true, because it's hdr10.

Tried switching sockets of hdmi to different ones and it didn't help at all. As well tried to play with refresh rate to see if it help and it didn't. Another interesting fact is that when I was switching refresh rate, the flickers started to be different like on 23 hertz it was different from 50 hertz. Did reset on tv itself like set up from scratch and it didn't help as well. Tried with settings in mpc-hc madvr plugin, but it had 0 reaction whatsoever.

When I watch like something on youtube on TV it's not a problem, there's no flickering or anything, works as it should.

I have ran out of options what to do, I don't know any people that could help me with this kind of a problem, that's why I'm coming here to ask for help.

I can provide photos or video if needed to help resolving this problem, because it's really annoying to watch anything on player, doesn't matter which is it.

My pc is:

i7 8700k

Gigabyte 1080 ti

tridentZ Royal 3600mhz 32gb

msi m5 z370

Corsair cs850m

Samsung evo 850 250gb

TV Samsung NU 7 series 65 inch

Appreciated any help that you could provide. Thank you!

My guess would be this issue has something to do with the hardware video decoder. Try and disable hardware decoding in MPC-HC and see what happens.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried to put it to none on hardware decoding and it didn't do anything, as well I tried to select other ones which resulted same way. I'm pretty sure that video player mpc-hc is not the problem, because the problem occurs on other players too like vlc, but it's little bit less laggy. Other thing is that there are no lags at all if I watch anything through my monitor on any other player. Problem is specifically if I watch on tv in any player. Like I said everything else works fine as it should, but not if its player on TV.

Another thing is that I checked is to put another GPU and test it. I have Gigabyte 970 and tried to figure out maybe it's the GPU issue, but not really. New thing that suddenly appeared is that when I have Wallpaper engine running from steam which makes like .gif wallpapers my programms are lagging like if I move them around it feels like I have 30 hz monitor, but when I turn it off everything goes to normal, but not 100%. Like if I minimize and put back up something like discord or anything it is still laggy. But when I tested 970 this exact problem wasn't occurring with Wallpaper engine although the issue with minimizing and maximizing was still there.

I can add that If I watch like anything on mpc-hc and I hover my mouse over playboard where you control time, volume, etc., the picture is just perfect, like it should have been. So I guess it goes like it should when it's not in full windowed.  And again, as I said before, the problem is only on TV, but not my gaming monitor. For example, if I play Warzone everything works fine like temperature, power delivery, GPU clock. Talking about my monitor though. So it shouldn't be that my GPU is dying or something like that, right?

If reinstalling windows could solve my problem I would do that without hesitation, but I've noticed when problems like these happen, it doesn't help at all, because issue wasn't windows, but something with hardware itself or maybe BIOS.

Could it be maybe motherboard is doing something wrong or cables are loose though I checked and was fine I guess.  There was one time that I had issue with loose cables on my pci-e that it was working on x2 3.0 not x16 3.0 like it should and it didn't deliver enough power for Warzone. Could the issue be in this nature? If I could I would just made a new system, but don't have enough money as well as you know the shortages of GPUs are tough.

Thanks for any help or any ideas!