I'm almost certainly not the first to notice or comment, but Newegg shuffle prices do seem to be creeping downward

Aaron Springs

I'm pleased to see that prices for the cards I am considering (mainly RTX 3060 and RTX 3060 TI) seem to have been creeping downward in recent weeks.

There is still a considerable way to go before they get back down to MSRP or below, but at least they are heading in the right direction.  I suppose we'll know that things are back to normal when the Newegg Shuffle eventually fades into oblivion.

[I acknowledge that this is probably common knowledge here by now, but seeing it made me sufficiently happy that I felt like posting something for once.]

It won't go back to MSRP until companies start producing more of the GPU to keep up with the demand. But what incentives does that gain for Nvidia or any other company? Imagine wanting to produce more supply to make your product worth less when you can charge double for it by controlling the supply count. The prices will start to go down as used RTX goes back into the market from mining, but that will only bring it down by so much. At the end of the day, it's up to these companies to produce more, but again... why would they...