Planning for an Upgrade.

Budget (including currency): About 6.7 Million Indonesian Rupiah. (IDR) Which is equivalent to about 500 USD (including Paypal's exchange rate).

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

-General purpose (watching movie, browsing etc) basically a WFH setup

-ANSYS Radar Cross Section simulations this. in my current machine when i set it to relatively high resolution and frequency the analysis can take entire day to complete.
-Blender 3D modeling and rendering with Cycles/eeve render engine

-General graphics with Corel Draw.

-Some video editing also with Blender 3D

-Emulations like PS-2, old games (no plan to play AAA rated or latest games) old MMO's like Blade and Soul, Vindictus and old 3rd person shooting game as MARS/ZMR.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So yeah. My rig has been with me since about 2015-2016's.  It has following parts :

-Seasonic Core GM-650. 650 Watt PSU (Used to be Seasonic-S12II-520 Watt but that one died due lightning strike)

-ASUS-H61M-C motherboard

-Intel I5-3330 Processor with stock cooler's

-Palit NVIDIA GTX-1050Ti Graphics card (used to be GT-1030 but i upgraded to that 1050Ti somewhere in 2017)

-8 Gb of DDR3 RAM (2x 4 GB sticks)

-1x Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB SSD as my bootdrive

-1x Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB SSD

-1x HGST 500 GB It used to be my bootdrive (carry over from my old laptop) Its already shows its age but still working.
-1x Seagate 1 TB HDD (I dont actually want to install this but well trying to play Sword of Legends which have over 100 GB of size... which does not fit into my Bootdrive, and i dont want to give up space in the 2nd SSD's as it contains most of my projects, texture files etc)  It's relatively empty atm, as i intend to go all Solid state when the budget permit.  This HDD however is given to me by my father.

Peripherals are :

-standard USB mouse and keyboard (all logitech)

-a TPLink USB WIFI dongle.. is that what it called ?

-Intuos CTH-480 drawing tablet (I disconnected it when not used tho)

-Standard DbE headset (broken mic, but the headset still works)

-LG 22MK400H-B 22 in monitor this one tho is relatively new. I only have plan for a single monitor.

My plan with my soon (let's hope the client is happy with my design) Available budget Is to upgrade, the Motherboard, processor and the RAM.  My plan is to have a new board and more RAM's which hopefully could help me rendering more complex scene (e.g more trees or grass) I plan for 16 GB of RAM at least.  As why i need a new board ? It's because apparently my current board's USB port starts to weaken. One of the port seems to cant even properly power my Intuos drawing tablet.

The one thing that im kinda divided is the choice of processor.  Should i go I3-101015F or I5-10400F.  One looks faster while the other have more cores.  The plan i attached is for the I5-10400F.  It's from a shop i'm usually buy parts from.

Also i need a new chassis as my old one.. which is supposedly used for DELL Pre-built system is no longer viable.. it losts almost all of its screws. Thus why there is the Cooler Master Q300L.

For this upgrade most of the parts like PSU's and Graphics card will be carried over from the old one to new one. The ultimate goal for the build is to have something bit newer and faster for the budget i have. What kind of faster ? maybe like shortening ANSYS simulation i did.. from 1 Day to maybe 8 hrs or less without further sacrificing resolution, ANSYS some core management which i think can benefit from more cores, so i can set it to say, 3 cores while leaving 3 other cores for my other task (e.g multitasking, watching YT or do some document work or even some graphic works maybe even some gaming.) and some ability to create more complex scene in Blender and animation which can really feature more realistic environmental objects, like trees instead of using PNGTree.

Already consulted my friends and some vids for review. My friend suggest me to actually wait for 12th Gen.  The issue is that as a freelance artist, i cannot really ensure the budget availability (if only tho i can gain more clients).  In short it's just Buy Now or Not at all.

Another consideration is longevity.. I am expecting that i wont be upgrading for like 5-7 or even 10 more years after this. ASUS so far has been in good service for this respect.

So yeah. That's my overall situation and plan. What do you guys think ? maybe AMD's ? but i never in team red before in both CPU and Graphics card.

BuyPlan.thumb.png.af61027db8f0ee1dbeecad4e0958ece0.png

and in case you guys wondering why i need a new chassis.. this is my current one.

Unsafebutneedtoworkwith.jpg.f79b935b581c902ec77a43b55ca4856f.jpg

Not the safest but that's one i need to work with in all these years. I kindly ask for you guys to not giving me a hard time with the setup as i said.. the chassis is supposedly for a Pre-built system and it's very old.

5 minutes ago, Stealthflanker said:

Budget (including currency): About 6.7 Million Indonesian Rupiah. (IDR) Which is equivalent to about 500 USD (including Paypal's exchange rate).

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

-General purpose (watching movie, browsing etc) basically a WFH setup

-ANSYS Radar Cross Section simulations this. in my current machine when i set it to relatively high resolution and frequency the analysis can take entire day to complete.
-Blender 3D modeling and rendering with Cycles/eeve render engine

-General graphics with Corel Draw.

-Some video editing also with Blender 3D

-Emulations like PS-2, old games (no plan to play AAA rated or latest games) old MMO's like Blade and Soul, Vindictus and old 3rd person shooting game as MARS/ZMR.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So yeah. My rig has been with me since about 2015-2016's.  It has following parts :

-Seasonic Core GM-650. 650 Watt PSU (Used to be Seasonic-S12II-520 Watt but that one died due lightning strike)

-ASUS-H61M-C motherboard

-Intel I5-3330 Processor with stock cooler's

-Palit NVIDIA GTX-1050Ti Graphics card (used to be GT-1030 but i upgraded to that 1050Ti somewhere in 2017)

-8 Gb of DDR3 RAM (2x 4 GB sticks)

-1x Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB SSD as my bootdrive

-1x Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB SSD

-1x HGST 500 GB It used to be my bootdrive (carry over from my old laptop) Its already shows its age but still working.
-1x Seagate 1 TB HDD (I dont actually want to install this but well trying to play Sword of Legends which have over 100 GB of size... which does not fit into my Bootdrive, and i dont want to give up space in the 2nd SSD's as it contains most of my projects, texture files etc)  It's relatively empty atm, as i intend to go all Solid state when the budget permit.  This HDD however is given to me by my father.

Peripherals are :

-standard USB mouse and keyboard (all logitech)

-a TPLink USB WIFI dongle.. is that what it called ?

-Intuos CTH-480 drawing tablet (I disconnected it when not used tho)

-Standard DbE headset (broken mic, but the headset still works)

-LG 22MK400H-B 22 in monitor this one tho is relatively new. I only have plan for a single monitor.

My plan with my soon (let's hope the client is happy with my design) Available budget Is to upgrade, the Motherboard, processor and the RAM.  My plan is to have a new board and more RAM's which hopefully could help me rendering more complex scene (e.g more trees or grass) I plan for 16 GB of RAM at least.  As why i need a new board ? It's because apparently my current board's USB port starts to weaken. One of the port seems to cant even properly power my Intuos drawing tablet.

The one thing that im kinda divided is the choice of processor.  Should i go I3-101015F or I5-10400F.  One looks faster while the other have more cores.  The plan i attached is for the I5-10400F.  It's from a shop i'm usually buy parts from.

Also i need a new chassis as my old one.. which is supposedly used for DELL Pre-built system is no longer viable.. it losts almost all of its screws. Thus why there is the Cooler Master Q300L.

For this upgrade most of the parts like PSU's and Graphics card will be carried over from the old one to new one. The ultimate goal for the build is to have something bit newer and faster for the budget i have. What kind of faster ? maybe like shortening ANSYS simulation i did.. from 1 Day to maybe 8 hrs or less without further sacrificing resolution, ANSYS some core management which i think can benefit from more cores, so i can set it to say, 3 cores while leaving 3 other cores for my other task (e.g multitasking, watching YT or do some document work or even some graphic works maybe even some gaming.) and some ability to create more complex scene in Blender and animation which can really feature more realistic environmental objects, like trees instead of using PNGTree.

Already consulted my friends and some vids for review. My friend suggest me to actually wait for 12th Gen.  The issue is that as a freelance artist, i cannot really ensure the budget availability (if only tho i can gain more clients).  In short it's just Buy Now or Not at all.

Another consideration is longevity.. I am expecting that i wont be upgrading for like 5-7 or even 10 more years after this. ASUS so far has been in good service for this respect.

So yeah. That's my overall situation and plan. What do you guys think ? maybe AMD's ? but i never in team red before in both CPU and Graphics card.

BuyPlan.thumb.png.af61027db8f0ee1dbeecad4e0958ece0.png

and in case you guys wondering why i need a new chassis.. this is my current one.

Unsafebutneedtoworkwith.jpg.f79b935b581c902ec77a43b55ca4856f.jpg

Not the safest but that's one i need to work with in all these years. I kindly ask for you guys to not giving me a hard time with the setup as i said.. the chassis is supposedly for a Pre-built system and it's very old.

Looks ok but ryzen 5 3500x is like 2.3-2.5jt

Just find a cheap b450 or b550 for it and its gonna run more efficiently than that 10th gen cpu, not to mention better performance since you are locked to 65w tdp on that 10400f unless you have a board that can unlock tdo which means far inferior performance to the 3500x

And even if you do unlock the tdp on the intel cpu its gonna run at like 130w whereas ryzen will prob be around the 90w-100w mark at the same performance

This is important if you dont wanna buy a new cpu cooler and want your pc to run efficiently

Maybe look into 3200mhz or 3600mhz ram cause they are usually around that price

The case is actually pretty good

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Looks ok but ryzen 5 3500x is like 2.3-2.5jt

Just find a cheap b450 or b550 for it and its gonna run more efficiently than that 10th gen cpu, not to mention better performance since you are locked to 65w tdp on that 10400f unless you have a board that can unlock tdo which means far inferior performance to the 3500x

And even if you do unlock the tdp on the intel cpu its gonna run at like 130w whereas ryzen will prob be around the 90w-100w mark at the same performance

This is important if you dont wanna buy a new cpu cooler and want your pc to run efficiently

Maybe look into 3200mhz or 3600mhz ram cause they are usually around that price

The case is actually pretty good

Thank you for suggestion. Tho i'm not planning on any overclocking tho so TDP is not really my concern.  and on respect of cooler tho, as seen i am using Intel stock cooler. Can it fits on the AMD's ?

14 minutes ago, Stealthflanker said:

Can it fits on the AMD's ?

No. The bracket is not compatible

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

1 hour ago, Stealthflanker said:

Thank you for suggestion. Tho i'm not planning on any overclocking tho so TDP is not really my concern.  and on respect of cooler tho, as seen i am using Intel stock cooler. Can it fits on the AMD's ?

Yes tdp is a concern even if you dont overclock

With that shitty 65w tdp an i5 wont even reach 3ghz, not the advertised 4.6ghz boost freq so rip your performance if you dont unlock tdp

And no tdp unlocking isnt overclocking, overclocking is running something at a higher freq than it was supposed to so for instance 5.3ghz on an i5 when its turbo freq is 5ghz

If you are really gonna be that lazy to not do something simple that massively boosts performance then just go amd, no bullshit tdp limits there, though setting the ram to 3200mhz or higher is reccomended

19 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yes tdp is a concern even if you dont overclock

With that shitty 65w tdp an i5 wont even reach 3ghz, not the advertised 4.6ghz boost freq so rip your performance if you dont unlock tdp

And no tdp unlocking isnt overclocking, overclocking is running something at a higher freq than it was supposed to so for instance 5.3ghz on an i5 when its turbo freq is 5ghz

If you are really gonna be that lazy to not do something simple that massively boosts performance then just go amd, no bullshit tdp limits there, though setting the ram to 3200mhz or higher is reccomended

I see.

So let's say i go for your suggestion.. What kind of performance improvements i can expect ? Let's say i am running ANSYS. Will the simulations done much faster (e.g maybe 1-2 hours faster) Compared to Intel analogue ?

16 minutes ago, Stealthflanker said:

I see.

So let's say i go for your suggestion.. What kind of performance improvements i can expect ? Let's say i am running ANSYS. Will the simulations done much faster (e.g maybe 1-2 hours faster) Compared to Intel analogue ?

Im not familiar with that program so cant help you here

Though if its cpu bound then you will see a decent improvement, if its gpu bound then maybe not but then again you could oc your gpu