future build

Budget: somewhere around $600usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite mainly, Xbox 360 era, free games, fallout 3

Other details ( upgrading from dual core i5 mobile Radeon hd 5770 4gb ddr3 single channel. just want to play at 1080p and get about 60 fps avg at least I am just using the speakers in the list for YouTube videos I usually have my headphones plugged i

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LszrK3

would this be a good deal until I can get a better gpu

A 14nm 1600 at that price isn't a good deal. You can get a 2600 for just $14 more. The AMD stock cooler also comes with thermal paste pre-applied, so you shouldn't need to get another tube.

If the GPU is just going to be a stop-gap, I'd recommend picking up a used Quadro K620 on eBay. You can find them pretty reliably for $50 and they perform a bit better than a GTX 650 while consuming less power and coming with 2GB of VRAM. It's not a ton slower than the GT 1030, but it's half the price in this case. One's even available right now for just $40 from a seller with over 73k feeback.

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

A 14nm 1600 at that price isn't a good deal. You can get a 2600 for just $14 more. The AMD stock cooler also comes with thermal paste pre-applied, so you shouldn't need to get another tube.

If the GPU is just going to be a stop-gap, I'd recommend picking up a used Quadro K620 on eBay. You can find them pretty reliably for $50 and they perform a bit better than a GTX 650 while consuming less power and coming with 2GB of VRAM. It's not a ton slower than the GT 1030, but it's half the price in this case. One's even available right now for just $40 from a seller with over 73k feeback.

it says I will need a bios update and I don't have a older CPU that will work for the. bios update or any way to get the update loaded to a thumb drive if that's not true than I will get the 2600 but I have never built a pc I have repaired but never completely built one before and I will try to get a used Quadro but when I do get a good gpu which one should I get my budget for a gpu will problaby be about $300

1 minute ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

it says I will need a bios update and I don't have a older CPU that will work for the. bios update or any way to get the update loaded to a thumb drive if that's not true than I will get the 2600 but I have never built a pc I have repaired but never completely built one before and I will try to get a used Quadro but when I do get a good gpu which one should I get my budget for a gpu will problaby be about $300

That is a potential issue, but unless that board happens to have been sitting on the shelf for the last 3 years, it will already include the BIOS update for 2nd gen. Any board shipped in the last couple of years would ship with the latest BIOS, which would support the 2600. MSI's website page about the motherboard lists support for the 2600.

For $300 if your target is 1080p 60Hz, then a GTX 16 series card would be a good option once the prices come down. The 1660 Super has an MSRP of $229 and only draws 125W, so it's recommended PSU wattage is just 300W.

The RTX 2060 or RX 5600 XT could be other good options if their prices drop low enough, but the former has an MSRP of $349 and the latter is great for mining, so those are probably not going to see prices under $300 anytime soon.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jDQb3Z

Maybe something like this?

The k cpu was literally the cheapest thing i could find that had igpu, for some reason the 11400 and 11500 is more expensive

Board is kinda crap but just put a fan over the vrm

Cheaped out on everything else whilst keeping half decent quality

You will want to overclock your ram in the bios and overclock the igpu in intel xtu

You can play around with ocing in intel xtu but id reccomend undervolting instead, maybe find the fastest freq you can set with 1.25v, which is gonna be somewhere around 4.6-4.8, and it is gonna be all core, this should still provide improved performance cause you are manually setting a single freq and voltage so the board doesnt uneccesarily overvolt the crap out of the cpu and throttle down due to excessive overvolt

With the added bonus of vrms not catching on fire

3 hours ago, Surestgarlic2 said:

Budget: somewhere around $600usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite mainly, Xbox 360 era, free games, fallout 3

Other details ( upgrading from dual core i5 mobile Radeon hd 5770 4gb ddr3 single channel. just want to play at 1080p and get about 60 fps avg at least I am just using the speakers in the list for YouTube videos I usually have my headphones plugged i

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LszrK3

would this be a good deal until I can get a better gpu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJR3PV

The i5 10400f is a much better deal than the r5 2600 or r5 1600. 

32 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jDQb3Z

Maybe something like this?

The k cpu was literally the cheapest thing i could find that had igpu, for some reason the 11400 and 11500 is more expensive

Board is kinda crap but just put a fan over the vrm

Cheaped out on everything else whilst keeping half decent quality

You will want to overclock your ram in the bios and overclock the igpu in intel xtu

You can play around with ocing in intel xtu but id reccomend undervolting instead, maybe find the fastest freq you can set with 1.25v, which is gonna be somewhere around 4.6-4.8, and it is gonna be all core, this should still provide improved performance cause you are manually setting a single freq and voltage so the board doesnt uneccesarily overvolt the crap out of the cpu and throttle down due to excessive overvolt

With the added bonus of vrms not catching on fire

but that $600 was for the whole setup with what you made I won't have extra money for a monitor that's half decent or a keyboard or anyrhing else. also Intel?

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($67.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Team MP34 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($56.10 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA B5 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Pixio PX248 Prime 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Redragon K551 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($33.99 @ Amazon) 
Speakers: Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 14 W 2.1 Channel Speakers  ($21.39 @ Amazon) 
Custom: Ryzen 5600G ($259.00)
Total: $788.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-31 21:57 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

==locked==

stop posting new PC builds every week 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs