Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm stuck between the Antec DF600 flux and NX800, both seems to be good bank for the buck, which one is better and why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JaaaaAAaaaaY said:

I'm stuck between the Antec DF600 flux and NX800, both seems to be good bank for the buck, which one is better and why?

Antec DF600 flux sucks

NX800 better but i dont thing the 200mm fans are controllable so they may be louder

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Antec DF600 flux sucks

NX800 better but i dont thing the 200mm fans are controllable so they may be louder

Thx, the noice shouldn't to big of a deal for me since I put my computer under my desk, and also, doesn't seems like gamers nexus got review of these two cases 馃槙

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lancool 215 is a better version of that nx800. NX800 has honey comb mesh for intake fans and thats bad in 2021 unless its a 30$ case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Lancool 215 is a better version of that nx800. NX800 has honey comb mesh for intake fans and thats bad in 2021 unless its a 30$ case.

But I think the NX800 got a dust filter other than just the mesh at the front panel right?(I'm not sure) While the 215 does not (also not sure). Personal I would give up some air flow for a dust filter cuz I'm really worry about the dust getting into my system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JaaaaAAaaaaY said:

But I think the NX800 got a dust filter other than just the mesh at the front panel right?(I'm not sure) While the 215 does not (also not sure). Personal I would give up some air flow for a dust filter cuz I'm really worry about the dust getting into my system.

Based on Gamers Nexus stuff those large fans are usually bad if there is resistance from case. Hard to say how well that works as no real reviews out. In any case you can always cut the honey comb out later if you hit higher temps. It makes a large difference on how far the air goes. Antec NX410 looks like the winner in their line-up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Based on Gamers Nexus stuff those large fans are usually bad if there is resistance from case. Hard to say how well that works as no real reviews out. In any case you can always cut the honey comb out later if you hit higher temps. It makes a large difference on how far the air goes. Antec NX410 looks like the winner in their line-up.

I'm sorry but what honey comb are you talking about? Cuz I don't find any on the nx800

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JaaaaAAaaaaY said:

I'm sorry but what honey comb are you talking about? Cuz I don't find any on the nx800

Large fans in general have lower static pressure. It makes it harder to move air through filters and other obstructions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Large fans in general have lower static pressure. It makes it harder to move air through filters and other obstructions.

But if I remove the filter at the front, wouldn't聽the dust just fill my case up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JaaaaAAaaaaY said:

But I think the NX800 got a dust filter other than just the mesh at the front panel right?(I'm not sure) While the 215 does not (also not sure). Personal I would give up some air flow for a dust filter cuz I'm really worry about the dust getting into my system.

so you can have a big hole for good air flow and a air filter to catch the dust...but 99% of case use crap %85 air restrictive dust filters to save money making any benefit from having a mesh front point less and you have to remove the dust filter to even get air flow....so they made the mesh front we have now not a big hole and not really restrictive in the midal. i dont no if they still put duster filters in them or not probably depends on case.聽 there are non restrictive air filters why they didn't just put them in i dont no they needed a reason to buy a new case i guess. case crate problems then off fixes for them. happens all the time. case are not pushing new ideas or rarely do. its like offing a cup holder in a car as a selling point. its the good old toothpaste year after year they say it cleans better then the year before....

Edited by thrasher_565
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 12:26 PM, JaaaaAAaaaaY said:

But if I remove the filter at the front, wouldn't聽the dust just fill my case up?

It would really depend on the amount of dust your place has in it already.聽

How often do you need to dust your shelves, ceiling fan and your TV in your house currently?

Dust comes from human skin, dander comes from animals. If you smoke, then you have tar particles in the air.聽

My house has 4 humans and 8 felines indoors.聽

My son has a LanCool 215 on the floor. It accumulates some dust, and he doesn't clean it. (typical college kid, LOL)

But I have YET to see any change in his performance running Ryzen 5 2600X with RX 5700XT OC.

My LanCool II Mesh accumulates some dust. I just wipe off the front mesh with my hand and my top filter the same.聽

My case runs it's fans at high speed pretty much all the time. (I use the fan switch mostly to control case fan speed.)

I only run a Ryzen 5 3600 with a GTX 1070. Still no changes on my system either. My case is on my desk.聽

I apologize for the long post. But I hope this information helps.聽

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor:聽GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage:聽WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jason 57 said:

But I have YET to see any change in his performance running Ryzen 5 2600X with RX 5700XT OC.

you wont unless it clogs the barring in the fan. dust on a filter can filter out more dust...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now