Is there a reason I should have lower latency ram for my pc?

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

If you havent experienced any issues then dont bother. I too have my 2133mhz CL14 rams overclocked to 3200mhz with 18-19-19 and it just works fine. I am certain there is some performance loss there but for 1-2% gains I dont feel like spending 100$ on new sticks. I got my rams for $30 and they overclock insane (to 3466 19-20-20). I wouldnt worry about it, if you are worried try messing with your overclock to either clock higher with same timings or try to get the timings lower.

So I have been running with dual channel 16gb ddr4 clocked at 3200 mHZ with 22 cl for 7 months and recently I found that my latency is apparently really bad. I looked into it and it seems that having a lower latency really only benefits you if you are using programs like blender or editing software or playing at really high refresh rates on a 1080p monitor. Is there a good reason for me to pick up ram with lower latency like 16 cl for example if I am mainly just playing games at 1440p and 4k on my pc? Any frame difference? What about simple desktop use will I see a benefit there? I have an r5 3600 with an rx 5600 xt and I don't overclock.

If you havent experienced any issues then dont bother. I too have my 2133mhz CL14 rams overclocked to 3200mhz with 18-19-19 and it just works fine. I am certain there is some performance loss there but for 1-2% gains I dont feel like spending 100$ on new sticks. I got my rams for $30 and they overclock insane (to 3466 19-20-20). I wouldnt worry about it, if you are worried try messing with your overclock to either clock higher with same timings or try to get the timings lower.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18