USB-C battery case for iPhone

From the title, I'm in the market for a battery case for my iPhone SE 2020. Is there any case known to have a USB-C plug instead than lightning or micro USB? Any will do even a chinese aliexpress knock off.

Thanks.

It’s going to be hard to find because lightning cases let you pass through data if you plug the phone into a Mac or PC. Pretty sure it lets you pass through power too so you can charge the case and the phone at the same time.

Most people want that stuff so there’s little incentive to make a case that doesn’t do it.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

I'd be wary of Chinese or knockoff batteries in general. They like to explode, and QC is lacking to say the least. There's some things you just shouldn't take a risk with.

I'd also just recommend getting a regular external battery. Not only does it then have the ability to charge anything, but it can still be used when you get a new phone in the future. Apple just loves to change the phone dimensions by a millimeter here and a millimeter there so that whatever case you had before no longer fits. Then, your battery case is ewaste.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 hours ago, Roswell said:

It’s going to be hard to find because lightning cases let you pass through data if you plug the phone into a Mac or PC. Pretty sure it lets you pass through power too so you can charge the case and the phone at the same time.

Most people want that stuff so there’s little incentive to make a case that doesn’t do it.

Most have passthrough, even the Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 7, compatible with the SE too and connects via micro USB so I don’t see why USB-C would dictate a limitation. The Mophie Juice Pack Access for iPhone is for example the only one with USB-C and passthrough data/power if I remember correctly but for iPhone Xs.

6 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I'd be wary of Chinese or knockoff batteries in general. They like to explode, and QC is lacking to say the least. There's some things you just shouldn't take a risk with.

I'd also just recommend getting a regular external battery. Not only does it then have the ability to charge anything, but it can still be used when you get a new phone in the future. Apple just loves to change the phone dimensions by a millimeter here and a millimeter there so that whatever case you had before no longer fits. Then, your battery case is ewaste.

I completely agree with you there but a battery case comes handy because it doesn’t hang out and I would end up selling it with my phone eventually when I’ll change it but that’s too soon to talk about it, I just got this bad boy. I did give a regular powerbank a thought I’d have to research a good one maybe even with wireless charging.

48 minutes ago, Drexo said:

Most have passthrough, even the Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 7, compatible with the SE too and connects via micro USB so I don’t see why USB-C would dictate a limitation. The Mophie Juice Pack Access for iPhone is for example the only one with USB-C and passthrough data/power if I remember correctly but for iPhone Xs.

That’s weird, I had that exact case and it never supported data/CarPlay or audio passthrough. Are you sure it does? I looked up reviews just to make sure I was remembering correctly and they say that stuff doesn’t work.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

4 hours ago, Roswell said:

That’s weird, I had that exact case and it never supported data/CarPlay or audio passthrough. Are you sure it does? I looked up reviews just to make sure I was remembering correctly and they say that stuff doesn’t work.

You could be right. You’re talking about the Mophie Air? I have watched so many reviews I could be confusing them but I just did a quick search and it does say it 

• “Enables pass-through charge & sync with the included micro USB cable when connected to a computer.”

This is from my country’s Amazon page.