Win10 Ignores SSD's, calls them as being from another device

aero36

So recently wiped my OS SSD and reinstalled windows but when I go to the uninstall it only shows newly downloaded apps. How do I get it to see what is already on the other SSD? When I tried to change the default location for games (apps more accurately) for the Xbox app it told me it'd have to delete everything else:

image.thumb.png.14298d53fb3a23a48d1392d360ad29fd.png

Is there a better way of going about this?

EXTRA THING: FFXIV keeps saying I don't have DirectX or at least the most up-to-date but my computer seems to think so. This is a game on a separate SSD as mentioned above. Is it unable to see DirectX because the PC views it as another devices app?

That's a 'thing' Windows 10 does.  It ties it's apps to the build that you had when you installed them.  there is nothing you can fo other than format the drive that 'belongs' to your last windows build.  I've resorted to making a small partition JUST for store apps so if i ever reinstall i only have to format that partition and not the whole damned drive.  It's to stop modding is my guess.  If you open the drive in file explorer and try to open/delete the windows/microsoft apps folder you can't due to permissions.  If you try to change the permissions you get a corrupt permissions error.  Sorry I tried myself to solve this mistery and the only sollution i found so far is format the drive and start again

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

AFAIK it won't format, just delete all store apps from that drive. 

You have to reinstall any Store apps for DRM reasons etc, and likely all others as well since when you install a program to the 2nd drive most of the time it still puts stuff on the system drive/in the Windows registry which will be gone when you format the OS drive and won't work right without.

If you have a Steam library folder then that can stay as it knows to reinstall what's missing the first time you launch a game but most other launchers/programs won't work. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

That's a 'thing' Windows 10 does.  It ties it's apps to the build that you had when you installed them.  there is nothing you can fo other than format the drive that 'belongs' to your last windows build.  I've resorted to making a small partition JUST for store apps so if i ever reinstall i only have to format that partition and not the whole damned drive.  It's to stop modding is my guess.  If you open the drive in file explorer and try to open/delete the windows/microsoft apps folder you can't due to permissions.  If you try to change the permissions you get a corrupt permissions error.  Sorry I tried myself to solve this mistery and the only sollution i found so far is format the drive and start again

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

AFAIK it won't format, just delete all store apps from that drive. 

You have to reinstall any Store apps for DRM reasons etc, and likely all others as well since when you install a program to the 2nd drive most of the time it still puts stuff on the system drive/in the Windows registry which will be gone when you format the OS drive and won't work right without.

So when it comes to the Xbox App, I'll have to format that SSD to make it work again?

48 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

The deleting windowsapp thing here worked for me https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delete-windowsapps-folder-windows-10

Edit: Also have to delete Wpsystem

8 hours ago, aero36 said:

The deleting windowsapp thing here worked for me https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delete-windowsapps-folder-windows-10

Edit: Also have to delete Wpsystem

Excellent.  Glad you got it sorted.  I'll bookmark that page and give it a read later

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!