Ryzen 5 3600 55-60'C while on YouTube and browsing

So i was looking at my Ryzen 5 3600 temp with AIDA64 Extreme and i noticed that while watching youtube videos or just browsing the web my CPU temps go from like 50 to 60'C

If i just let it and don't do anything for like 30 seconds then temps go down to 39-40'C.

Is this normal ?

Are the temps during youtube and web browsing normal for my CPU ?

What GPU do you have? If it doesn't support VP9 decoding, your CPU will be doing the heavy lifting.

If this is the case, you could lighten the load by installing the H264ify extension but you'll be limited to slightly lower quality 1080p vids.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

4 minutes ago, cacoe said:

What GPU do you have? If it doesn't support VP9 decoding, your CPU will be doing the heavy lifting.

ASUS ROG STRIX 1660 SUPER

1 minute ago, Mikey89 said:

ASUS ROG STRIX 1660 SUPER

Should be supported, are you using Chrome?

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

3 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Should be supported, are you using Chrome?

Firefox 

What about the temps ?

While gaming it's 65'C

How come just browsing makes the temp go high ? Also If i let it stay for 30 seconda then it drops to 39-40'C

2 minutes ago, Mikey89 said:

Firefox 

What about the temps ?

While gaming it's 65'C

How come just browsing makes the temp go high ? Also If i let it stay for 30 seconda then it drops to 39-40'C

Stock cooler? These temps are actually fine on Ryzen, approaching 90c is a problem and the temp goes all over the place as standard.

In terms of VP9 decoding, I'm not sure if it's fixed now but for years, Firefox didn't support it on the GPU so it might be an idea just to try Chrome to see if you get more favourable results for that.

Your temperatures are fine. Dont worry about it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yup^ Ryzen 5000 will spike up with nearly any activity then settle down. Perfectly normal. 

36 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Stock cooler? These temps are actually fine on Ryzen, approaching 90c is a problem and the temp goes all over the place as standard.

In terms of VP9 decoding, I'm not sure if it's fixed now but for years, Firefox didn't support it on the GPU so it might be an idea just to try Chrome to see if you get more favourable results for that.

CPU has a BE QUIET! Shadow Rock LP but it is 5 years old since i had it on my FX 8300 before the Ryzen.

I was mostly concerned cuz temps when watching YouTube and browsing are so similar to temps when gaming.

32 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Yup^ Ryzen 5000 will spike up with nearly any activity then settle down. Perfectly normal. 

Yeah but 55-60'C while on YouTube and browsing ?

If i stop browsing and let it stay for like 30 seconds then it drops from 55-60'C to 39-40'C

Guys i return with sort of an update if i can call it that i guess.

I noticed that CPU temp goes to 55-60'C when browsing on the web even after like 10 minutes after turning ON the PC. Again if i let it stay for 30 seconds it drops back to 39-40'C though.

Is it normal it reaches this temperature so fast ?