Which laptop is better for gaming?

-So I have the option to buy an Asus ROG Zephyrus from a friend for $1500. (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-15-6-qhd-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-eclipse-grey-eclipse-grey/6448848.p?skuId=6448848)

OR 

-I can buy the Asus ROG Strix Advantage Edition for roughly the same price. (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-strix-g15-advantage-edition-15-6-fhd-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-5900hx-16gb-memory-radeonrx-6800m-512gb-ssd/6466550.p?ref=8575135&loc=53a6e486f05d11ebb536463fcba023e90INT&acampID=53a6e486f05d11ebb536463fcba023e90INT&skuId=6466550

both are very capable at what I need it for but I just wanted to hear some opinions of why one is better than the other. 

thanks!

The advantage is technically better but due to worse thermals it is not. So the zephyrus is the better laptops.

HOWEVER the zephyrus IS NOT the best laptop you can get for that price.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The advantage is technically better but due to worse thermals it is not. So the zephyrus is the better laptops.

HOWEVER the zephyrus IS NOT the best laptop you can get for that price.

Thanks for the reply! What is a better laptop for the price range ?

4 minutes ago, skeeler88 said:

Thanks for the reply! What is a better laptop for the price range ?

The lenovo legion 5 and legion 7 (the 7 being one the the only thinner laptops that can cool a 3080 effectively without losing performance) lineup is very competitive here. But sadly I cannot find them in stock with the desired specs.

Also just a heads up the 5900h(s) is barely 2% faster than the 5800h so when shopping don't go for it because it has a higher number as it's well basically margin or error better.

I have the zephyrus laptop that youre talking about and I'll say its pretty good. I run valorant on it with all high settings and I can get 144 frames solid. I also haven't ran into any problems until now. 

Coming to the advantage, it has less storage (512 gb) compared to the zephrus (1tb). I wouldn't consider this a big factor because I've been using my laptop for 4 months and it still hasn't crossed 300gb. The 5900hx processor in the advantage is also slightly better than the 5900hs in the zephyrus, not too much of a difference though.

43 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The lenovo legion 5 and legion 7 (the 7 being one the the only thinner laptops that can cool a 3080 effectively without losing performance) lineup is very competitive here. But sadly I cannot find them in stock with the desired specs.

Also just a heads up the 5900h(s) is barely 2% faster than the 5800h so when shopping don't go for it because it has a higher number as it's well basically margin or error better.

i think alot of lenovo users have problems with the power adapter and how the lenovo provides the power from that adapter to the main chips. Does that apply to these laptops too? they say somehtign like the power of 220V is connecting directly to the chip....?

e.g.

it may not be the correct video but he says about the volts in one of his videos about fixing lenovos that does not powerup anymore.

2 hours ago, ckinfos said:

i think alot of lenovo users have problems with the power adapter and how the lenovo provides the power from that adapter to the main chips. Does that apply to these laptops too? they say somehtign like the power of 220V is connecting directly to the chip....?

e.g.

it may not be the correct video but he says about the volts in one of his videos about fixing lenovos that does not powerup anymore.

The legions do not suffer from this as far as I know.