And cpu socket

Could a fix-6300 and a ryzen 5 5600x work on the same mono?

what would happen if I were to put a ryzen 5 5600x in a zen 3+ socket? Would it work correctly?

I bery mooch doubt it would fit

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, Gabin said:

Could a fix-6300 and a ryzen 5 5600x work on the same mono?

what would happen if I were to put a ryzen 5 5600x in a zen 3+ socket? Would it work correctly?

no dont even try it youll destroy your cpu and socket. 5600x is meant for am4 socket

AMD FX series processors work in socket AM3+  

AMD Ryzen processors work in socket AM4 

You shouldn't be able to insert a cpu meant for socket AM3+ into socket AM4 because the sockets are keyed and of different size, some of the holes are sealed, so some pins on the back of the FX series CPU can't go into the socket. 

Even if you somehow manage to insert the CPU in the socket, it wouldn't work for lots of reasons, and you may damage both the processor and the motherboard. 

The pins in the socket have different purpose. 

Also, the FX processor can only work with DDR3 memory, so a lot of pins in the AM3+ socket are for connection to DDR3 slots. 

Ryzen processors only work with DDR4 memory, and there's more pins required for DDR4 memory compared to DDR3, and socket AM4 has more pins allocated for working with memory. 

Socket AM4 also has pins for SATA and USB controllers inside the Ryzen processors, while socket AM3+ for FX processors doesn't have something like that, because the FX processors did not have USB and SATA built into the chip. 

13 hours ago, mariushm said:

AMD FX series processors work in socket AM3+  

AMD Ryzen processors work in socket AM4 

You shouldn't be able to insert a cpu meant for socket AM3+ into socket AM4 because the sockets are keyed and of different size, some of the holes are sealed, so some pins on the back of the FX series CPU can't go into the socket. 

Even if you somehow manage to insert the CPU in the socket, it wouldn't work for lots of reasons, and you may damage both the processor and the motherboard. 

The pins in the socket have different purpose. 

Also, the FX processor can only work with DDR3 memory, so a lot of pins in the AM3+ socket are for connection to DDR3 slots. 

Ryzen processors only work with DDR4 memory, and there's more pins required for DDR4 memory compared to DDR3, and socket AM4 has more pins allocated for working with memory. 

Socket AM4 also has pins for SATA and USB controllers inside the Ryzen processors, while socket AM3+ for FX processors doesn't have something like that, because the FX processors did not have USB and SATA built into the chip. 

Could I put a ryzen 5 3600x in a am3 + socket?

10 minutes ago, Gabin said:

Could I put a ryzen 5 3600x in a am3 + socket?

Am3+ has 942 pins. AM4 has 1331. R5 3600x is still AM4.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?