Noticed better sharpness in Youtube Video with Nvidia GPU than iGPU

So I noticed this morning while playing a 4k 60 fps video on YouTube that by default chrome was using intel GPU of laptop to render the video (in task manager Intel GPU shows 30% usage while nvidia 0%) so I thought why not nvidia GPU for video playback and went to the windows graphics settings and chose Nvidia processor for chrome like this

image.png.bd0a100785653a2bf62b938063f01163.png

And now the nvidia GPU was working while playing a video on youtube tho iGPU also running because my laptop display directly connected to the intel GPU and have no mux switch either. But the same video played and I immediately noticed better and good sharpness on that same video (compared to iGPU render) so I went back and forth and tried switch the graphics preference and I got the same results.

So my question is, is that really a thing where nvidia GPU will output better video quality (same resolution and full screen mode and so the codec which is vp9) than the iGPU or is it just my brain fake assuming it'll look better because it's a discrete card?

Not the first person to experience this. My laptop (the Acer one) has a iGPU (Intel UHD 520 iirc) and any program that uses it on the internal display looks like utter garbage. Even task manager. The 940MX makes any of the programs look fine. Although on a external monitor, it doesnt look bad, in fact it looks fine. Its not really the iGPU, i think its more of either software or the laptop itself.

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

I want to mention that the tests I did was using the same laptop and same laptop's internal monitor and no external monitor and of course external monitor which gets directly connected to the nvidia GPU will output better images but the thing is even with the same laptop screen I'm noticing a difference with iGPU and Nvidia GPU rendering on both chrome and edge (technically chrome so yea). The difference is more on cleaner sharpening with nvidia GPU, I see much more cleaner and better sharpness. In simple words,

when using iGPU it feels more like the video was downsampled and the nvidia outputs without downsampling or something I don't know.

1 minute ago, pcloverbutnomoney said:

I want to mention that the tests I did was using the same laptop and same laptop's internal monitor and no external monitor and of course external monitor which gets directly connected to the nvidia GPU will output better images but the thing is even with the same laptop screen I'm noticing a difference with iGPU and Nvidia GPU rendering on both chrome and edge (technically chrome so yea). The difference is more on cleaner sharpening with nvidia GPU, I see much more cleaner and better sharpness. In simple words,

when using iGPU it feels more like the video was downsampled and the nvidia outputs without downsampling or something I don't know.

Its not just on videos, even on test and normal programs, a lot of times, a dGPU will look better than the iGPU on a laptop if a laptop has both. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv