Antivirus Recommendations.

I have been using Norton for well over a decade with little complaint however over the last week it has been closing itself and crashing randomly. I have reinstalled it and even reinstalled Windows but with no success, I don’t seem to be alone in this instance seeing as others are reporting the same issues on Norton’s forums. Anyway, I’m looking to switch to a different Antivirus provider as I can’t trust a program that keeps crashing. I’m looking for recommendations, I was thinking of trying Bitdefender but any feedback would be appreciated. 

Heard good things about Bitdefender. Personally I just use Windows Defender + MBAM.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 minutes ago, StevenC said:

I’m looking for recommendations, I was thinking of trying Bitdefender but any feedback would be appreciated. 

I'm guessing you are looking for a free solution?
In that case yeah, Bitdefender has a good reputation, Kaspersky is also a good choice.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

I use the free version of Avira antivirus on my old Windows 7 computer.  It works fine.  Just pops an ad for their products once a day in the corner of your screen you can easily dismiss and otherwise works perfectly fine, just set and forget.

In the past, i had a one year subscription to eset / nod antivirus and I was happy with it. 

The company I work for has an eset antivirus business subscription (around 20-30 office computers) 

Both use relatively low amount of resources, they don't slow down the pc much and they test well in comparative reviews / tests 

23 minutes ago, StevenC said:

I have been using Norton for well over a decade with little complaint however over the last week it has been closing itself and crashing randomly. I have reinstalled it and even reinstalled Windows but with no success, I don’t seem to be alone in this instance seeing as others are reporting the same issues on Norton’s forums. Anyway, I’m looking to switch to a different Antivirus provider as I can’t trust a program that keeps crashing. I’m looking for recommendations, I was thinking of trying Bitdefender but any feedback would be appreciated. 

Malwarebytes

Ryzen 5 5600X (@4.8Ghz) |  ASUS RTX 2060 OC (+120 Core, +1125 Memory) |  Ballistix 16GB 

ASROCK B450M PRO4  WD Blue SN 550 1TB ‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎| Crucial MX500 500GB | Barracuda 1TB 

Corsair CX450M | Corsair Spec-Delta

Windows Defender + being smart. I haven't ran any additional antivirus software for years and haven't had issue one. Don't download software you don't know. Don't click on links if you don't know where they lead. Simple as that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse