looking to possibly upgrade my pc.`

Alex Bear
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
3 hours ago, Alex Bear said:

Budget (including currency): Not Sure?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games,College, Twitch Streaming, Zoom, Office programs, Photoshop.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Unsure if my build is good enough that i don't need to upgrade it, would like some tips on my current build. I feel like its OK speed wise, but maybe it could be a bit faster. This is my current build, the only part it does not mention in NZXT CAM is my Touch Aqua Liquid Cooler, the cooler is a custom loop which i included a photo of it. would love some advice, i don't really know what I want to spend on my PC, I am just looking for any tips.This, will give me an idea of what I need to save to upgrade, if there is any upgrades you guys recommend.

System Specs.JPG

WIN_20210728_02_57_38_Pro.jpg

I think you should have gone for an aio or air cooling when you bought it

You could have easily upgraded to 3700x

Well this is the consequence of misinformation or just asthetics but hard to tell if asthetics played a role here since your loop (no offense) doesnt look too good

Budget (including currency): Not Sure?

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games,College, Twitch Streaming, Zoom, Office programs, Photoshop.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Unsure if my build is good enough that i don't need to upgrade it, would like some tips on my current build. I feel like its OK speed wise, but maybe it could be a bit faster. This is my current build, the only part it does not mention in NZXT CAM is my Touch Aqua Liquid Cooler, the cooler is a custom loop which i included a photo of it. would love some advice, i don't really know what I want to spend on my PC, I am just looking for any tips.This, will give me an idea of what I need to save to upgrade, if there is any upgrades you guys recommend.

System Specs.JPG

WIN_20210728_02_57_38_Pro.jpg

Well this is the consequence of misinformation or just asthetics but hard to tell if asthetics played a role here since your loop (no offense) doesnt look too good

On 7/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ya i bought the loop thinking this would be super cool, since i know nothing on hard tubing. I ended up having a failed pump at first, so brought my computer to microcenter, were i originally bought the pump from. The tech area took a look at my pc and found the pump to be faulty so they gave me a new one and he also fixed my loop for me and trimmed it down. i wish i had gone with hard tubing, but that was more spendy. right now i feel that either i need 36gb of ram, or a new processor or both. Also, im unsure if my 2060 super is a bad graphics card and i should upgrade. I am a techy young guy, but only to a point, so sometimes this stuff is above me and im not sure if i need an upgrade or not. I love building and putting together computers, but when it comes to actual parts and their performance and speed, i usually go by advice from people.

Ya i bought the loop thinking this would be super cool, since i know nothing on hard tubing. I ended up having a failed pump at first, so brought my computer to microcenter, were i originally bought the pump from. The tech area took a look at my pc and found the pump to be faulty so they gave me a new one and he also fixed my loop for me and trimmed it down. i wish i had gone with hard tubing, but that was more spendy. right now i feel that either i need 36gb of ram, or a new processor or both. Also, im unsure if my 2060 super is a bad graphics card and i should upgrade. I am a techy young guy, but only to a point, so sometimes this stuff is above me and im not sure if i need an upgrade or not. I love building and putting together computers, but when it comes to actual parts and their performance and speed, i usually go by advice from people.

Yea waterloops are pretty cool but the only reason id do it is for hooking it up to a waterchiller and running my pc at ambient or if i decided to add insulation sub ambiemt and even sub zero, but thats just because im an overclocking nut and i will push my hardware to its limits for maximum performance

Though i think soft tubing will prob be easier to upgrade cause if the cpu socket changes position then you can just move your block onto the new cpu position, though maybe needing new tubes

Hard tubing will prob be a massive pain in the ass to upgrade, esp if you watercool your gpu, cause you are honna have to mess with bending new tubes and stuff

Only reason to do hard tubing for all i know is asthetics -_-

If you are not filling up all of your 16gb of ram then i dont think upgrading it is neccesary

Maybe upgrade the cpu to a 5600x or 5800x instead

And i think youll wanna swap board if you are actually overclocking your cpu, maybe b550 tomahawk or b550 a pro

20 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea waterloops are pretty cool but the only reason id do it is for hooking it up to a waterchiller and running my pc at ambient or if i decided to add insulation sub ambiemt and even sub zero, but thats just because im an overclocking nut and i will push my hardware to its limits for maximum performance

Though i think soft tubing will prob be easier to upgrade cause if the cpu socket changes position then you can just move your block onto the new cpu position, though maybe needing new tubes

Hard tubing will prob be a massive pain in the ass to upgrade, esp if you watercool your gpu, cause you are honna have to mess with bending new tubes and stuff

Only reason to do hard tubing for all i know is asthetics -_-

If you are not filling up all of your 16gb of ram then i dont think upgrading it is neccesary

Maybe upgrade the cpu to a 5600x or 5800x instead

And i think youll wanna swap board if you are actually overclocking your cpu, maybe b550 tomahawk or b550 a pro

Thanks for the tip, ill deff look into the b550 tomahawk, or the b550 a pro. something that is meant for gaming, and high performance. i want to get the max performance out of my computer, i want games to load fast, stuff to look good and not glitch. So I think ill just upgrade my CPU maybe to a very high performance CPU, and a Motherboard that pairs well with it.