Pure base 500dx for silent build? Pure wings 2 stock fans, or arctic p14 pwm?

Rijsberman

Hi there!

Making a new buid. Now on an old Zalman NEO z9. Got a reference 6800xt MB coming in, probably getting a 5600x for cpu, now have 3600. Got that hyped up snowman mt6 cpu cooler with 1 fan on the way.

Should I be going for the purebase 500dx? I found the corsair 5000d and the pure base 802 be too expensive.

Saw with GN that the pure wings 2 fans that come stock are actually pretty decent. Should I be swapping this out for a arctic p14's or save the money and keep m stock? Was thinking of doing 2 in front, one in the back and putting no fans on top to keep the noise down. Saw some reviews where a fan on top didn't do anything for this case.

Opinions? 🙂

50 minutes ago, Rijsberman said:

Hi there!

Making a new buid. Now on an old Zalman NEO z9. Got a reference 6800xt MB coming in, probably getting a 5600x for cpu, now have 3600. Got that hyped up snowman mt6 cpu cooler with 1 fan on the way.

Should I be going for the purebase 500dx? I found the corsair 5000d and the pure base 802 be too expensive.

Saw with GN that the pure wings 2 fans that come stock are actually pretty decent. Should I be swapping this out for a arctic p14's or save the money and keep m stock? Was thinking of doing 2 in front, one in the back and putting no fans on top to keep the noise down. Saw some reviews where a fan on top didn't do anything for this case.

Opinions? 🙂

be quiet is one of thoe company that normally ships the case with good stock fan.

i would move the top fan to the front for 2 front fans and 1 back fan.

looks like having 3 front fans will be blocked by the basement and can only mount 2x 140mm in the front anyway.

adding 2 to 3 fans on top probably wont do much for temps any way. as lest with a tower cooler.

not the best case for gpu cooling thow so keep that in mind. the only air the gpu gets is from the middle fan from the front.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

22 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

be quiet is one of thoe company that normally ships the case with good stock fan.

i would move the top fan to the front for 2 front fans and 1 back fan.

looks like having 3 front fans will be blocked by the basement and can only mount 2x 140mm in the front anyway.

adding 2 to 3 fans on top probably wont do much for temps any way. as lest with a tower cooler.

not the best case for gpu cooling thow so keep that in mind. the only air the gpu gets is from the middle fan from the front.

hey there! after a lot of research I found that these pure wing 2 fans are not pwm. So they will be at 60-100% only I believe. Then maybe it is smart to buy arctic p14 PWM and just sell these pure wings

Just now, Rijsberman said:

hey there! after a lot of research I found that these pure wing 2 fans are not pwm. So they will be at 60-100% only I believe. Then maybe it is smart to buy arctic p14 PWM and just sell these pure wings

maybe i no the that be quiet fans run slow and are quiet so might not matter at 100%

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, Rijsberman said:

you think even at idling 60% is not too much?

well i would wate and see if not then buy new fans.

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well i would wate and see if not then buy new fans.

thats a smart solution heheh. Very hyped!