Which Ultrawide?

SohailS

So I have been thinking about getting an Ultrawide for a while now and im unsure which to go for.  I am looking for an all rounder.

1. Bigger the Better

2. good for Productivity

3. Good for Gaming

4. High Resolution

I spend most of my day on the screen and really want the best one i can find 

Please help me

Do you have any sort of budget? Also what types of games?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

After my long search I settled with the LG 34GP83A (3440x1440 144/160hz)

minimal blb, practically no ips glow on my panel.

I hear good things about the huge curved samsung tho

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

12 minutes ago, Daethz said:

After my long search I settled with the LG 34GP83A (3440x1440 144/160hz)

minimal blb, practically no ips glow on my panel.

I hear good things about the huge curved samsung tho

Given that it has to be good for productivity, as well, curves are pretty much out, especially the 1000R of the Samsung Odyssey line. Even with a relatively slight 1500R curve on my 34", I can see distortion at the edges.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

32 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Do you have any sort of budget? Also what types of games?

So I like to Play FPS games, Overwatch , COD..

also use it for Premier Pro and Photoshop, Lightroom

i understand that i may have to compromise but looking for the one which has most of it

56 minutes ago, SohailS said:

So I have been thinking about getting an Ultrawide for a while now and im unsure which to go for.  I am looking for an all rounder.

1. Bigger the Better

2. good for Productivity

3. Good for Gaming

4. High Resolution

Please help me

I have a LG 34 inch Ultra wide that’s 1440p. It’s only 60Hz, but I really like it. Resolution wise I’d just go 1440p, it looks good enough in my opinion. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Given that it has to be good for productivity, as well, curves are pretty much out, especially the 1000R of the Samsung Odyssey line. Even with a relatively slight 1500R curve on my 34", I can see distortion at the edges.

That's not that big of a problem really. I do UX design on a X34P Predator all day long and I'm ok with it. I think colour accuracy is much more important than having the screen flat.

6 hours ago, SohailS said:

1. Bigger the Better

2. good for Productivity

3. Good for Gaming

4. High Resolution

Please help me

What graphics card do you use? if Nvidia, you might wanna get something with a Ultimate G-Sync module, 120hz or higher, 3440x1440 or higher, true 10 bit, and decent brightness for HDR content. IPS panels will give you a bit of a glow on the edges during dark scenes but very good angles, VA will give you good contrast. I'm personally waiting for a mini LED ultrawide from Asus. They've released one that is awesome, but 16:9 aspect ratio.

50 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

That's not that big of a problem really. I do UX design on a X34P Predator all day long and I'm ok with it. I think colour accuracy is much more important than having the screen flat.

Well, sure, it's a 1900R curve, so it's more flat than my panel is, and I said myself that that was mostly okay except for some noticeable distortion at the edges. A 1000R curve is a whole other beast.

so all that being said how about something like a LG 38wn95c-w?

I've been looking for a flat Ultrawide for a while but the best I got is 75Hz from LG. Where's one HP at 144Hz on the horizon, but it needs a review in terms of color.

4 hours ago, MysticLTT said:

I've been looking for a flat Ultrawide for a while but the best I got is 75Hz from LG. Where's one HP at 144Hz on the horizon, but it needs a review in terms of color.

I have both a flat and curved and I don't notice any difference. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

im not sure a curve would bother me too much i think i would prefer Performance over a flat screen.  so accurate colour reproduction and a good refresh rate im leaning towards a LG 38wn95c-w

LG's curved ultrawides are typically only slightly curved. With 1800R it more pleasand than distracting. The LG 34GN850-B and 34GP83A-B are really good options for gaming and productivity.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.