Keychron or Redragon

Which keyboard is better?

Keychron K2 v2 or Redragon K530 Draconic 60%?

Open to alternatives.

out of the box non of those are great, but if you do some light modding on the stabilizers and lube the switches the keychron definitely gets my preference.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, RollinLower said:

out of the box non of those are great, but if you do some light modding on the stabilizers and lube the switches the keychron definitely gets my preference.

is there any mechanical keyboard you'd recommend, I'm after:

• I'm after brown switches (Gateron or mx cherry)
  • -60 - 75% layout
  • rgb
  • hot swappable
  • bluetooth
  • mac/windows friendly
  • roughly under $100 AUD

On 7/28/2021 at 8:11 PM, B14nnc4 said:

is there any mechanical keyboard you'd recommend, I'm after:

• I'm after brown switches (Gateron or mx cherry)
  • -60 - 75% layout
  • rgb
  • hot swappable
  • bluetooth
  • mac/windows friendly
  • roughly under $100 AUD

i have a keychron k2 and a keychron c1, the space bars on both the k2 and c1 sounds hollow but i can live with it, they're both hotswappable and i currently have the stock gateron red switches for both of them, if u are to buy a keychron board i recommend buying a wrist rest since most of the time atleast for me, my wrist tends to get tired and gets sore, my sister has a redragon and honestly there is nothing wrong with the keyboard except for the logo, the damn logo is just too ugly for me and with a bit of modding a red dragon keyboard is a decent choice however i like keychron better since for me its good out of the box, while the red dragon is not that great out of the box it can be great by modding so basically im just too lazy to mod a keyboard myself... and also btw if u ask me which has better options in terms of colors for the keyboard i say keychron is better looking since red dragon just looks too "gamery?" im a fan of minimalistic design.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, B14nnc4 said:

is there any mechanical keyboard you'd recommend

No offense to RollinLower but as you can see from his signature he's built multiple keyboards. People that deeply into the keyboard part of the PC enthusiast hobby tend to have very different standards than everyone else. I've seen some claim it's not possible to have a satisfactory typing experience spending less than $300, which I think is frankly absurd.

If this is your first mechanical keyboard, then either of the ones you're looking at will probably be a very noticeable upgrade over robber dome, etc. keyboards you've used before, unless you find that you just plain don't like the feel of mechanical (such people do exist), in which case at least you didn't spend too much to find out. 

I have been using mechanical keyboards now for close to ten years and I have never felt the need to mod a stabilizer or lube a switch, although I have replaced some keycaps. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16