Corsair iCUE H100i 240mm AIO Cooler - Base 120.00, Promo 110.00

ASUS ROG B550-F Gaming (WiFi) - Price 190.00

Crucial Ballistix 2 x 8GB @ 3600MHZ - Price 94.00

Seagate Barracuda - Price $53

Corsair MP600 Force 500GB - Price 100.00

EVGA RTX 3070 Ti/Tie XC3 - Price 600.00 

Phanteks Eclipse P500A - Price 115.00

EVGA B5 850W 80+ Bronze - Base 100.00, Promo 80.00 

Total is 1606.92 including discounts from Promo.

You are aware that " Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable. "

So to remedy this you may need to select another case that has this feature or change the mobo to an X570.

1 hour ago, ET_Explorer said:

You are aware that " Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable. "

So to remedy this you may need to select another case that has this feature or change the mobo to an X570.

I am aware of this, however, I’m not sure if PCPartPicker is wrong here, because on the official tech specs of the motherboard it says…

Front USB Port ( Total 6 )

2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s) (1 x Type-A +1 x USB Type-C®)

You can see this at ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F’s Tech Specs.

Do you know if this should satisfy the two Type-A and one Type-C ports on the case itself? 

I believe it's lacking the Type-C header. Looking on the motherboard, it looks like it only has a 2x  Type-A

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Maybe go for a NVME with dram in it. Something like Kingston A2000 or Silicon Power A80 is around the same price. I linked the 1TB versions cause 500GB for a 2K system seems a little underwhelming imo.

With all due respect, the Corsair MP600 does has DRAM and PCIe Gen 4 for DirectStorage, and is rated higher on the SSD Tier List, I understand it has less storage, but I am willing to lose 500GB for Gen 4.

3 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

With all due respect, the Corsair MP600 does has DRAM and PCIe Gen 4 for DirectStorage, and is rated higher on the SSD Tier List, I understand it has less storage, but I am willing to lose 500GB for Gen 4.

oh yea sorry, click the wrong thread for that advice

8 hours ago, VicksForWindows said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pnt9gt

All currency shown is in USD.

Ryzen 7 3700X - Base Price 280.00, Promo for 264.99

Corsair iCUE H100i 240mm AIO Cooler - Base 120.00, Promo 110.00

ASUS ROG B550-F Gaming (WiFi) - Price 190.00

Crucial Ballistix 2 x 8GB @ 3600MHZ - Price 94.00

Seagate Barracuda - Price $53

Corsair MP600 Force 500GB - Price 100.00

EVGA RTX 3070 Ti/Tie XC3 - Price 600.00 

Phanteks Eclipse P500A - Price 115.00

EVGA B5 850W 80+ Bronze - Base 100.00, Promo 80.00 

Total is 1606.92 including discounts from Promo.

7.5/10

Overpriced : ssd, aio, case

Uneccesary : ssd, aio, case

Must upgrade : psu

Optional upgrade/if budget fits it : cpu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tCQKwz

Maybe something like this?

Got confused on the case since you chose an rgb aio but non rgb case, and since i yeeted the aio assuming you arent ocing i chose a p400a digital

Bigger ssd but still has dram cache and its the same price

Better cpu

Better psu

Yeeted aio

Cheaper ram (just oc it to 3600mhz)

58 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

So yeah, the MP600 is a great Gen 4 drive, but your CPU doesn't have PCIe Gen 4 support, therefore your drive will operate only at r/w 3500/3500 MB/S.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ccDQkX

Assuming you can find a 3070TI for 600 bucks, that would be a possible list of parts.

A more realistic list would be this instead:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gjrqt8

Just go for the 6 Core CPU, it is great for every game, the GPU will bottleneck you more. Also it doesn't need as much power. Therefore you can scale down on the PSU even more. And just get the best GPU you can find, it's not to easy to find one at a good price value.

Try finding the 3070 TI first, maybe the RX 6800 as an AMD alternative. Then the 3070. If even that is too expensive, go for the RX 6700XT. It sits between the 3060TI and the 3070 in terms of performance, but is usually cheaper then the 3060TI.

13 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

So yeah, the MP600 is a great Gen 4 drive, but your CPU doesn't have PCIe Gen 4 support, therefore your drive will operate only at r/w 3500/3500 MB/S.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ccDQkX

Assuming you can find a 3070TI for 600 bucks, that would be a possible list of parts.

A more realistic list would be this instead:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gjrqt8

Just go for the 6 Core CPU, it is great for every game, the GPU will bottleneck you more. Also it doesn't need as much power. Therefore you can scale down on the PSU even more. And just get the best GPU you can find, it's not to easy to find one at a good price value.

Try finding the 3070 TI first, maybe the RX 6800 as an AMD alternative. Then the 3070. If even that is too expensive, go for the RX 6700XT. It sits between the 3060TI and the 3070 in terms of performance, but is usually cheaper then the 3060TI.

I think the Ryzen 7 3700X does have pcie gen 4 support because amd.com says that it has 

PCI Express® Version

PCIe 4.0 x16

Also, I do plan on doing some streaming, so for games like Squad I should probably get the 8-core right? Or am I wrong?

I understand the graphics card situation.

7 hours ago, VicksForWindows said:

I think the Ryzen 7 3700X does have pcie gen 4 support because amd.com says that it has 

PCI Express® Version

PCIe 4.0 x16

Also, I do plan on doing some streaming, so for games like Squad I should probably get the 8-core right? Or am I wrong?

I understand the graphics card situation.

Oh you're right, it does have PCIe 4.0. So the 3700X will be the better choice then!

You shouldn't go 8-Core for "some" streaming. If you use an Nvidia card, you could use GPU encoding. It generally will perform better.

But look into the subject, I think 8-Core isn't what you need if you strictly game and stream sometimes. But if you want to edit Video or do some Multithreaded tasks, go 8-Core.

And yeah, the GPU situation s not great, therefore allocate the budget in ways, that you have the most budget for your GPU.