Windows Vista Not Connecting to Internet

KameBuilds

So we've got an old compaq desktop that i just switched out the mobo on because some of the caps went boom boom. when i connect through the ethernet it will say that I cant access the page because the owner of www.yahoo.com doesn't have the cert that its looking for and i cant find anything to fix it, any ideas?

What I've done:

Turned on and off the firewalls 

Looked at the rules for the firewall and didn't see anything obvious

Went into network settings and still couldn't see anything obvious

Is the time and date correct on the computer as that can cause certificate errors.

Also it might be that because the installed OS no longer gets security updates, it might not be getting updates related to security certificates if you're using internet exploder (the same might be true for other browsers if they no longer support vista).

On 7/26/2021 at 6:12 PM, demonix00 said:

Is the time and date correct on the computer as that can cause certificate errors.

Also it might be that because the installed OS no longer gets security updates, it might not be getting updates related to security certificates if you're using internet exploder (the same might be true for other browsers if they no longer support vista).

soo turns out it just cant run internet anymore without changing things i cant trust this lady to not change