AMD Athlon 3000g (vega 3) vs AMD A10-9700 (ryzen 7) which one is better in 2021 ?

Go to solution Solved by GorujoCY,

if you got only 2 choices then I would go with the Athlon 3000G however I may recommend you wait for AMD to launch their new APU or get the cheapest OEM Pc with the latest APU or AliExpress for that matter and get them barebone there instead if available...

First time building a pc and I have never been more pissed when ryzen 5 3400g & 3 3200g goes out of stock in my country because of demands. The only thing that most store have is athlon 3000g and the a10-9700. Now which one that yall recommend the most ? (since those 3400g/3200g is out of stock i upgrade my ram into 3200mhz 2x8Gb ram)

*Reminder that i only play decent spec game like team fortress 2, war thunder, csgo and such. But i also want to try games from my console like genshin impact, apex legend, resident evil 2 remastered into my first pc to see how good it is

also sorry for my bad english 😞

if you got only 2 choices then I would go with the Athlon 3000G however I may recommend you wait for AMD to launch their new APU or get the cheapest OEM Pc with the latest APU or AliExpress for that matter and get them barebone there instead if available...

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

The a10 IS NOT A RYZEN CPU. It's an amd fx based apu. The 3000g smashes it.

Now in your case it is NOT the apu you want as half the games you mentioned it simply cannot run at 720p 30 fps stable. It's simply too low end.

can u get a 2200g or 2400g… ?*

not great, but better than 3000g (ironically)

*ps: i just looked this up the prices for those igpu ryzens are sky high = about the same as a 3600 o.o

10 hours ago, jaslion said:

The a10 IS NOT A RYZEN CPU.

Neither is the 3000g , its an "Athlon" processor.

1981094371_Screenshot_20210726-222605_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.a8bbdc222def53c40343efe4503f57b2.jpg

I know what you meant tho, and it *is* better than an a10… 🙂

Honestly i think waiting and trying to get a current gen APU from aliexpress or something  would be indeed the best option (although more pricey probably)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

can u get a 2200g or 2400g… ?*

not great, but better than 3000g (ironically)

*ps: i just looked this up the prices for those igpu ryzens are sky high = about the same as a 3600 o.o

Neither is the 3000g , its an "Athlon" processor.

1981094371_Screenshot_20210726-222605_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.a8bbdc222def53c40343efe4503f57b2.jpg

I know what you meant tho, and it *is* better than an a10… 🙂

Honestly i think waiting and trying to get a current gen APU from aliexpress or something  would be indeed the best option (although more pricey probably)

sorry but 2200g and 2400g isnt available in my store dont know why they're not selling it. For aliexpress...uhhh i lowkey didnt like it at first, maybe because i get used to local online shop like tokopedia not international online shop like aliexpress or amazon, thanks for the tips.