Installed new cpu, pc turns on normally but no display signal

Hi, i recently bought myself an amd ryzen 5600x and sought to replace it with my 7 2700. My motherboards is the B450 so I had to update it. After installing the cpu and fan I tried booting it, at first everything looks normal but then my displays nevet get a connection, my cpu fan doesnt light up either and seems to be very loud. Can anyone help?

Specs:

MB: msi b450 tomahawk

CPU: amd ryzen 5 5600x

Gpu: rtx 2070S

Ram: corsair rgb vengeance 2x8gb

Psu: corsair tx650m

Can you still boot it with your 2700?

If not, it's probably bricked and you'll need to recover or reflash the BIOS.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Kume said:

Hi, i recently bought myself an amd ryzen 5600x and sought to replace it with my 7 2700. My motherboards is the B450 so I had to update it. After installing the cpu and fan I tried booting it, at first everything looks normal but then my displays nevet get a connection, my cpu fan doesnt light up either and seems to be very loud. Can anyone help?

Specs:

MB: msi b450 tomahawk

CPU: amd ryzen 5 5600x

Gpu: rtx 2070S

Ram: corsair rgb vengeance 2x8gb

Psu: corsair tx650m

id recommend a cmos reset or a bios restart before going to a bricked component 

Update: reinstalled the 2700 and display worked but said something about a cmo reset and begin setup, installed back my 5 5600x and nothing, the same stuff, can i reflash without using bios?

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Can you still boot it with your 2700?

If not, it's probably bricked and you'll need to recover or reflash the BIOS.

53 minutes ago, Johnston said:

id recommend a cmos reset or a bios restart before going to a bricked component 

Update: reinstalled the 2700 and display worked but said something about a cmo reset and begin setup, installed back my 5 5600x and nothing.

Trying to setup my motherboard on the old cpu, it says press f1 to run setup, yet i cannot run it, nothing happens when i press f1

14 hours ago, Kume said:

FIXED!!!!

had the wrong bios, needed the beta version

ayyy, I'm glad to hear it my mans

On 7/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, Kume said:

FIXED!!!!

had the wrong bios, needed the beta version

Not surprised, there are only beta branches for Ryzen 5000 on B450. They never intended B450 to get Zen3 at all, but made it available as a beta under pressure.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro