Obscure formatting issue for games, 100% CPU usage glitch, and tearing in every game I play.

So I am having this really obscure issue that I cannot seem to figure out wherever I ask for help. I recently bought a new monitor (144hz) and I am having some trouble. When I first set up the monitor, I had no issues that I could find. One day I wanted to find a new way to record clips as the game bar was recording a black screen, and decided on nvidia shadowplay. This is just a different game DVR software. The moment I downloaded it and tried to use it my monitor and games started acting strange. My GPU usage increased from before, I was getting screen tearing that I could not stop with GSYNC or VSYNC, and there is another issue with the formatting of my games. Every game so far has been screen tearing, and some games I am scared to even open because while the formatting thing is happening my CPU jumps up to 100% usage so I instantly kill the game as to protect it. Video of the formatting issue linked here.

I have since deleted shadowplay and the problems persisted. I tried many different solutions like playing with my control panel settings, all the blah blah your monitor can't keep up with your GPU stuff. Nothing has worked, and I have a feeling the problem may not be that simple.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU, I have tried variable refresh rate on and off, I have tried Vsync on and off, triple buffering on and off, and I also did a full uninstall of my graphics drivers and a clean install of the new ones.

One more thing to note is that it says my monitor (Acer VG240Y S) is not G sync compatible in the control panel even though it is and I have a 1.4 DP cable.

• Operating system- Windows 10 64 bit
  • Ryzen 5 3600 OC 4.20 GHZ, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC, 16 GB DDR4 3200 memory, 600 Watt - Thermaltake Smart Series - 80 PLUS Gold PSU, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, ASRock B550 PRO 4 MOBO

Is there anyone who has experienced this or may have extensive knowledge of this type of stuff? My pea brain cannot handle this level of computer science. Thanks ahead of time.

I know you uninstalled your drivers, can I asked if you used DDU or just deleted them from the apps menu? 

I uninstalled them from device manager> display adapters> uninstall driver. I assume I then used integrated graphics to download the new ones from the Nvidia site and did it that way.

16 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I know you uninstalled your drivers, can I asked if you used DDU or just deleted them from the apps menu? 

I uninstalled them from device manager> display adapters> uninstall driver. I assume I then used integrated graphics to download the new ones from the Nvidia site and did it that way.

2 minutes ago, sgntballes said:

The inbuilt windows driver uninstaller is pretty crappy. I doubt this will fix it but its a good first step to know that its not part of the old driver causing issues. Run DDU (I'll link it below) and then reinstall the latest release driver. 

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.2 (guru3d.com)