5.1 speakers to TV

Hello there guys,
I'm new here and my 1st question as a member is, if anyone could give me an idea on how to connect my speakers (genius sw-hf 5.1 4800) to my TV and still experience 5.1 sound and not stereo.
PS: Sub has 3 output cables and all of them are 3.5mm, so I guess I need something that connects 3x3.5mm to (??) what

Well that's pretty janky for today's standards. 

As far as I can tell you need something like this. 

A device that converts either your TV's optical Audio out or USB (if supported by TV) and converts that to 3x 3.5mm for the respective channels. 

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003YFVN3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_XC052H5X3639YMPNMT1J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I think with output cables on the sub you actually mean input right? Because the output obviously goes to your other speakers. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, FloRolf said:

Well that's pretty janky for today's standards. 

As far as I can tell you need something like this. 

A device that converts either your TV's optical Audio out or USB (if supported by TV) and converts that to 3x 3.5mm for the respective channels. 

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003YFVN3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_XC052H5X3639YMPNMT1J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I think with output cables on the sub you actually mean input right? Because the output obviously goes to your other speakers. 

This is what the back of the sub looks like, I have to connect 3x RCA (that are split in two) to 3.5mm cables (which goes into my PC's mobo). So instead of them going to my PC's mobo i want them to end up in a TV. That's what im asking basically.
I think that device that you posted should do the trick..but i need to find out what kind of cable will end un on the tv.

PS: Atm i put all the cables on the DVD area as shown below in the picture. There is also a TV/CD(MP3) area, BUT it only has 2 inputs instead of 6.

Screenshot_4.png

20 hours ago, comander said:

I'm not SUPER familiar with your unit but given the price I'm going to assume it's basically some sort of all in one surround sound set up designed to upmix stereo signal to 5.1. 

Well-done 2.0 stereo (or 5.1 downmixed to stereo and then upmixed back to 5.1) actually does a pretty solid job of utilizing 5 channels and a sub. Anecdotally I listened to one series in 5.1 on netflix and it's not THAT much better than the spinoff series I could only get in 2.0. This is on a $2000ish speaker/AVR set up though and everything is over HDMI instead of analog. 

Test if just plugging it in works. Be aware that the ideal scenario for surround involves some sort of an AVR or speakers with digital processing. Otherwise look into what FloRoff linked to. 

There's no where to plug 3x 3.5mm jacks to a TV (atleast not the ones i own) so i need something like adapter