Old CD pictures

Daweeedo
Go to solution Solved by hirushaadi,
13 minutes ago, Daweeedo said:

So i found some old cd's from around 2005-2008, and half of them won't load or copy over to pc. It is very important for me to have them over on my pc, as these are some old pictures of me and family. Is it any way to load them? I tried to clean the cd and the cd-rom but it didn't do anything.

Try a different CD or DVD drive
Clean the Disc
Polish the Disc
Try a Free Recovery Tool ( or a paid )
Seek Professional Helpl ( i mean, there are some companies that does data recovery )

This link will help: 

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/free-data-recovery/cd-recovery-software.html

So i found some old cd's from around 2005-2008, and half of them won't load or copy over to pc. It is very important for me to have them over on my pc, as these are some old pictures of me and family. Is it any way to load them? I tried to clean the cd and the cd-rom but it didn't do anything.

All I can recommend is getting some older CD-RW / DVD-RW drives and try to make disk images and then recover pictures from them.

It's well known that discs break down after a few years, because the glue that keeps the layers together goes bad and then air and humidity gets inside the layers and they start to rot / oxidize so the disc starts to become unreadable.

Older drives may be able to read more data or just skip over unreadable blocks and still allow you to make a disc image and then recover some content from the image even if the list of files is not readable.

13 minutes ago, Daweeedo said:

Clean the Disc
Polish the Disc
Seek Professional Helpl ( i mean, there are some companies that does data recovery )

This link will help: 

hey! i know to use a computer

I personally believe if data is important, its better not to risk it. Send it in for professional recovery, if cd isnt being recognized things that you can do to recover it is limited.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 minutes ago, Levent said:

I personally believe if data is important, its better not to risk it. Send it in for professional recovery, if cd isnt being recognized things that you can do to recover it is limited.

Thanks, the thing is that i have around 100 different cd's to get data from, and it would get really expensive if i would send it in for professional recovery, so i would like to recover the data myself. I am trying the software that the guy below linked, and it seems to work. If it won't work i will just find the most important ones and send them to a professional.

22 minutes ago, hirusha.adikari said:

Clean the Disc
Polish the Disc

This link will help: 

Thanks, i am using this software now and it seems to work. Some pictures are deformed but it transfers them over, and they are not that deformed so i can just fix them in photoshop. I'll update you if it worked well later today. Thanks for help again.

3 hours ago, Daweeedo said:

Thanks, i am using this software now and it seems to work. Some pictures are deformed but it transfers them over, and they are not that deformed so i can just fix them in photoshop. I'll update you if it worked well later today. Thanks for help again.

Thank you! if this helped you! make sure make this the solution because that will help me a lot!

hey! i know to use a computer

2 hours ago, hirusha.adikari said:

Thank you! if this helped you! make sure make this the solution because that will help me a lot!

Yep, it helped me a lot. Some pictures that i couldn't transport are deformed, but not all of them.