How to remove OS from a laptop HDD through PC?

NaoyamaVII

Hello!
So I had swapped my laptop storage from it's stock 1TB HDD to a 500GB SSD.
Now, I have an unused 1TB HDD laying around, so I want to use it on my PC.
Can I remove the OS in the HDD by formatting it through my PC's BIOS? Is it possible? Or is there another way to do it?
I'd be really grateful if anyone can help me, thank you ^^  

No you cant remove os from the bios.

Yes you can do that by connecting the hard drive to your PC if the pc have an OS.

or the other way to do it is just get a hard drive docking or a hard drive enclosure which is cheap then remove the os.

you can remove the os using the disk management, heres how to do it :

Search disk management on start menu and then hit enter > select which hard drive you want to delete > right click > delete volume > right click on the part that shows black > create new volume (you can create new volume or merge it) and you are done.

Also you can search for youtube tutorial for better explanation with video, just search "how to delete a partition" 

6 minutes ago, Pavendaxx said:

No you cant remove os from the bios.

Yes you can do that by connecting the hard drive to your PC if the pc have an OS.

or the other way to do it is just get a hard drive docking or a hard drive enclosure which is cheap then remove the os.

Search disk management on start menu and then hit enter > select which hard drive you want to delete > right click > delete volume > right click on the part that shows black > create new volume (you can create new volume or merge it) and you are done.

I have tried connecting the HDD to my PC of course, it just won't boot, because the problem is both my laptop's HDD and my PC's SSD have an OS, but I can access the BIOS. Setting my SSD as the main boot drive doesn't help either, still won't boot. 

19 minutes ago, NaoyamaVII said:

I have tried connecting the HDD to my PC of course, it just won't boot, because the problem is both my laptop's HDD and my PC's SSD have an OS, but I can access the BIOS. Setting my SSD as the main boot drive doesn't help either, still won't boot. 

that's odd, should still be able to. try pulling up the boot menu and select to boot from the ssd. if for some reason that doesn't work, there may be other ways, but first thing that comes to mind is to just boot ubuntu from a usb and format the drive. you could also boot a windows 10 install usb, and press shift+f10 to bring up cmd, and simply clean and format the drive. just make sure not to mess with your ssd, or simply keep it unplugged to be safe, if using either of those 2 methods.

12 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

that's odd, should still be able to. try pulling up the boot menu and select to boot from the ssd. if for some reason that doesn't work, there may be other ways, but first thing that comes to mind is to just boot ubuntu from a usb and format the drive. you could also boot a windows 10 install usb, and press shift+f10 to bring up cmd, and simply clean and format the drive. just make sure not to mess with your ssd, or simply keep it unplugged to be safe, if using either of those 2 methods.

that's a good idea! Why didn't I think of that hahah. I'll try that later, thanks a lot ^^