Buying Graphics Cards on Ebay

Prodigydeadeye

I was just wondering about other users experience buying used or new cards from ebay. Is it safe? And what are the downsides of buying a used card? Anything I should avoid or look out for?

I should be studying.

New cards (or even used) from a reputable source (check ebay user reviews) is alright. Cards from users with no reviews or bad, sketchy reviews; not a good idea.

New cards (or even used) from a reputable source (check ebay user reviews) is alright. Cards from users with no reviews or bad, sketchy reviews; not a good idea.

Well obviously haha. I am not a first time ebay user. I have just never bought a graphics card off Ebay.

I should be studying.

I buy all my cards second hand from ebay , total winner 

I will never pay prices for a graphics card new

Make sure the seller has 100% feedback good to go .

p.s the downside of buying a used card off ebay is it's half price 

kit nowdays works for years , new is for suckers 

I was just wondering about other users experience buying used or new cards from ebay. Is it safe? And what are the downsides of buying a used card? Anything I should avoid or look out for?

Be aware of the Bitcoin mining craze.  Chances are if it is a used ATI card, it could have been used in a Mining rig, running at 100% for days, weeks, months, non-stop.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Be aware of the Bitcoin mining craze. Chances are if it is a used ATI card, it could have been used in a Mining rig, running at 100% for days, weeks, months, non-stop.

I have a Nvidia biase so no need to worry in that department.

I should be studying.

I have a Nvidia biase so no need to worry in that department.

I am Nividia bias also, you didn't specify, so wanted to cover all bases.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

While eBay is a great way to get expensive cards for a good deal, pay close attention to the card vendor's warranty conditions; make sure it's transferable if you're buying second hand. Other brands like Galaxy are picky and won't offer you any warranty at all if you don't buy it from one of their authorized retailers. 

Well obviously haha. I am not a first time ebay user. I have just never bought a graphics card off Ebay.

Well it's really the same for graphics card or anything else. You should also try to look into sellers that have a return policy. 

i just bought a 290x off of ebay. i assumed it was used to mine, but im going to be watercooling it so im not too worried. im all for it!

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm