PC not directly booting into Windows on new 980 Pro.

Yesterday i aquired a 6700k and a Z170 Pro Gaming from Asus. This motherboard finally had a M.2 slot so i popped in my 980 Pro and installed Windows on it. But when i start up my system i am always prompted to my bios and not booting into windows directly. In the bios however i can load windows from that drive via boot override but that is kinda annoying. I am using the latest bios and drivers for the motherboard. I found some similar topics on various websites but nothing seemed to help me. Anybody got some ideas what else i can try?

Thanks in advance RexDomi

It has to be something in the bios tho. Thested the system with a sata ssd didn't boot directly, tested that ssd in another system and that booted just fine. I have reflashed the bios and cleared the cmos as well. Could this problem be caused by a dead cmos battery?

I just figured out the problem and will share it with you just in case someone stumbles upon the same issue. It was the combination of my pump being pluged in to CPU_OPT which lead to a CPU Fan Error und the setting "Wait for F1 if Error being enabled. Switched that to disabled and now my PC boots just fine.