Will I encounter issues enabling G-Sync on a FreeSync display?

I've been thinking of buying a new monitor (I currently have an RTX 2060 Super) and the best one I've come up with is FreeSync only, though it's been listed as "Compatible (Tested)" by https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx. Now I know that you can enable G-Sync on FreeSync monitors, but I'm concerned that there may be issues (possibly the reason this monitor isn't "certified" by Nvidia. Do you guys know if there will be any issues/incompatibilities with this setup, or am I overreacting?

I tried googling a bit and I only found a few people posting about not being able to enable HDR or having flickering issues, though I don't know if those have been fixed in driver updates or are issues with their particular monitor.

Any insight on this is appreciated. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, At0micMac said:

I've been thinking of buying a new monitor (I currently have an RTX 2060 Super) and the best one I've come up with is FreeSync only, though it's been listed as "Compatible (Tested)" by https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx. Now I know that you can enable G-Sync on FreeSync monitors, but I'm concerned that there may be issues (possibly the reason this monitor isn't "certified" by Nvidia. Do you guys know if there will be any issues/incompatibilities with this setup, or am I overreacting?

I tried googling a bit and I only found a few people posting about not being able to enable HDR or having flickering issues, though I don't know if those have been fixed in driver updates or are issues with their particular monitor.

Any insight on this is appreciated. Thanks!

i think you're good. also i have a g7 odyssey a gsync certified monitor and even it flickers while using HDR its a windows issue for sure however in games its fine

4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i think you're good. also i have a g7 odyssey a gsync certified monitor and even it flickers while using HDR its a windows issue for sure however in games its fine

Thanks, but the monitor I mentioned is specifically not certified. For me HDR doesn't really matter since these types of monitors can't reach the brightness required anyways, I was just using it as an example.

1 minute ago, At0micMac said:

Thanks, but the monitor I mentioned is specifically not certified. For me HDR doesn't really matter since these types of monitors can't reach the brightness required anyways, I was just using it as an example.

it will work fine i think with gsync

19 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

it will work fine i think with gsync

Based off what I've read, I think it should work as well. But that's why I asked, because I want to hear from someone who actually has experience with this.