I Set a Platform Key (PK) and enabled Secure boot, now my pc wont post

freedaheeb

Hello everyone,

I wanted to check if my pc would be able to use secure boot for windows 11. So i went into my Bios (MSI UEFI Click 5) and tryed to enable it. It told me that i have to be in usermode so i needed a platform key. I set one in the bios automaticly (cant remember the value) and enabled secure boot. After saving and restarting my PC would not post even to the BIOS. It turns on and the fans are spinning but there is no image displayed or my monitor even registers a signal.

My speccs:

MSI B550-A Pro with UEFI click 5 (not newest version

Rysen 3600

GSkill 16 GB 3200 Hz

MSI GTX 970

1 TB Corsaire SSD

2 TB HDD

I tryed resetting the CMOS by removing the BIOS Battery for 15 Minutes -no result

I also disconnected my SSD and HDD to see if the BIOS Shows up - no result

The EZ Debugg SSD on the Motherboard goes from CPU to DRAM to VGA and then ends on BOOT and the boot led Stays lit

I realy dont know what to do since i get no accses to my bios.

Thanks for any help or I have to bring the system to an costly repair shop

Edit: nevermind.

Try to turn off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Remove any sata devices (yes 2x HDD). Boot. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I Cant enter my bios to disable it. Sorry if I used Post wrong I Thought it meand not even showing the ability to enter BIOS

2 minutes ago, freedaheeb said:

I Cant enter my bios to disable it. Sorry if I used Post wrong I Thought it meand not even showing the ability to enter BIOS

I know.. Try the above steps and see if posting.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

7 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Edit: nevermind.

Try to turn off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Remove any sata devices (yes 2x HDD). Boot. 

I have the same issue as him. After work i will try your solution.

Another error...

I already removed the CMOS Battery (labeled Bat1 next to the JBAT1 Jumper) for nearly 15 Minutes and no strogage devise is connected by SATA, USB or M2

5 minutes ago, freedaheeb said:

Another error...

I already removed the CMOS Battery for nearly 15 Minutes and no strogage devise is connected..

Maybe you've done something else while handling that battery... check all connectors, reseat ram and gpu ?

Edit : press Del during Post, maybe your screen is off but the computer is running, HDMI or DP ?

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Check monitor source. (what display cable and option monitor is set to)

FS in Denmark/EU:

8 minutes ago, freedaheeb said:

Another error...

I already removed the CMOS Battery (labeled Bat1 next to the JBAT1 Jumper) for nearly 15 Minutes and no strogage devise is connected by SATA, USB or M2

Just to make sure... you disconnected the power cord while doing this, right?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When ever I work in my Case I disconect the PSU Turn it off and hold the powerbutton for a few seconds, I have no grounding cable, so i touch my radiator before working and every few minutes.

I reseated GPU and RAM most connectors are now removed like fans and usb.

still no result in any form

How could i chek if my pc is running but just not displaying?

I am not able to enter my Monitor settings when it has no signal, because it will not realy turn on ( really old acer with DVI cable)

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Just to make sure... you disconnected the power cord while doing this, right?

Or do you mean the 24 PIN connector to the Mainboard? that i did not do

20 minutes ago, freedaheeb said:

Do you have a tv with hdmi ? try it

I'm willing to swim against the current.

21 minutes ago, freedaheeb said:

No, I just mean the plug going from the power supply to the mains socket.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

36 minutes ago, leclod said:

Do you have a tv with hdmi ? try it

Sorry I have only a realy old Monitor with VGA and DVI ports

Therefore I have this "old" GTX 970 which has DVI Ports

By the way I tested Both ports on the GPU for Signal.

I will Try to Flash my BIOS With the "Flash BIOS Button" from the I/O Panel and will update if it helps

Ok Thanks MSI for the "Flash BIOS Button"

I used the newest non Beta Bios Version to Flash my BIOS succsesfully. (nearly got a Heart attack, because the first USB Stick I tried stopped after 5 secs and I thought I bricked my Motherboard second USB Stick went fine)

- after Flashing the PC went strait to the BIOS.

- corrected Date and Time

- shut down PC and reconnected everything and Booted it up

Windows started with no Problems.

Thanks for the fast help from everyone and I hope this post helps other people like nerd1995

Have a nice day you all, mine is definitly safed 😄

Spoiler

9 hours ago, freedaheeb said:

Ok Thanks MSI for the "Flash BIOS Button"

I used the newest non Beta Bios Version to Flash my BIOS succsesfully. (nearly got a Heart attack, because the first USB Stick I tried stopped after 5 secs and I thought I bricked my Motherboard second USB Stick went fine)

- after Flashing the PC went strait to the BIOS.

- corrected Date and Time

- shut down PC and reconnected everything and Booted it up

Windows started with no Problems.

Thanks for the fast help from everyone and I hope this post helps other people like nerd1995

Have a nice day you all, mine is definitly safed 😄

Reveal hidden contents

Sadly it won't work on my mobo, cuz it doesn't have a f*** bios flashback button on it, Thx gigabyte🤬. But i did find on google how to accese the backup bios without the button, but that wont help me till i have the cpu dram and vga dbug leds flashing on me issue, no matter what i do. 😫

• 4 months later...

I’ve got the same issue. 

Backup BIOS works. 

Main BIOS doesn’t boot (not even into BIOS menu).

• 9 months later...

goddamn, help me if u solved that problem. sry for eng (im russian)..

i have no qflash plus button on motherboard , i tried everything, that you wrote in this topic. still zero result. some guy says, that using igpu will help me, but im not sure... is there anothere way?

On 7/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, nerd1995 said:

Sadly it won't work on my mobo, cuz it doesn't have a f*** bios flashback button on it, Thx gigabyte🤬. But i did find on google how to accese the backup bios without the button, but that wont help me till i have the cpu dram and vga dbug leds flashing on me issue, no matter what i do. 😫