Monitor isn't working properly

chronicleheavy
Go to solution Solved by chronicleheavy,

So basically I own a aoc24g2u and what is happening is that I did some cable managing and now it won't turn on and only work sometimes in one direction and when it does it flickers the aoc logo and makes some electric noises and cuts out one again if you need more info ask me

So basically I own a aoc24g2u and what is happening is that I did some cable managing and now it won't turn on and only work sometimes in one direction and when it does it flickers the aoc logo and makes some electric noises and cuts out one again if you need more info ask me

I think its pretty clear you have a cabling issue. Reseating the cable on both ends (you didn't specify if its HDMI, displayport, etc..), moving around the connectors. I think you can figure out how to narrow it down.

4 minutes ago, chronicleheavy said:

Take out the power plug and re-seat it firmly.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I think its pretty clear you have a cabling issue. Reseating the cable on both ends (you didn't specify if its HDMI, displayport, etc..), moving around the connectors. I think you can figure out how to narrow it down.

it is a power cable

5 minutes ago, rickeo said:

it is a power cable

The monitor might be faulty. If you can return it, use the option.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

The monitor might be faulty. If you can return it, use the option.

first I'm going to try get another cable because I think it may be the problem because it does show output for a few seconds

21 minutes ago, chronicleheavy said:

I found out it was the power cable