installed a 360mm front radiator with tubes up

rotexenv2
Go to solution Solved by LIGISTX,
2 hours ago, rotexenv2 said:

yeah i was talking about the pump tubes not the radiator since i cant flip it .

so you said pump tubes orientaion doesnt really matter so which orientaion to go with ?

tubes up or down like last pic?

i already changed to tubes down like last pic

Whatever you like the look of better. It doesn’t make any difference for performance, longevity, or noise. 

before that the radiator was installed in front with the tubes down.

is it better with the tubes up? i saw few vedios on youtube

20210711_184453.jpg

the whole idea is you want the pump as low as possible in the loop (since air rises to the top) to minimize the chances of it sucking air. So yes having the tubes up above the pump is a bit better than down in this case. 

Ideally you'd put the whole rad at the top of the case but that's not always doable.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

the whole idea is you want the pump as low as possible in the loop (since air rises to the top) to minimize the chances of it sucking air. So yes having the tubes up above the pump is a bit better than down in this case. 

Ideally you'd put the whole rad at the top of the case but that's not always doable.

Not exactly… tubes down prevents air from being sucked into the line by the pump since the air will end up at the top of the radiator. With tubes up, the pump can “gurgle” air at the top of the rad. 

You want the pump to be below the air level of the rad, but the tubes should be at the bottom. 

Good GN video explaining it all.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Double post. 

Edited by LIGISTX

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

2 minutes ago, rotexenv2 said:

Fixing a Viewer's BROKEN Gaming PC? - Fix or Flop S1:E5 - YouTube

i saw this vedio changing the tubes up instead of down

He changed the tubes on the pump side…. Not the rad side.

The pump side really doesn’t matter though. It’s the radiator you want to have the tubes at the bottom if possible. If they are long enough, the ideal orientation is tubes at the bottom of the rad. If they are not long enough, what you have is fine. 

Watch the GN video I linked. It goes into the rather simple physics of why…. Air floats to the top, that’s basically it. 

the tubes were down before look at the pic

39 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

He changed the tubes on the pump side…. Not the rad side.

The pump side really doesn’t matter though. It’s the radiator you want to have the tubes at the bottom if possible. If they are long enough, the ideal orientation is tubes at the bottom of the rad. If they are not long enough, what you have is fine. 

Watch the GN video I linked. It goes into the rather simple physics of why…. Air floats to the top, that’s basically it. 

2067964925_WhatsAppImage2021-06-04at23_38_34.jpeg.3d22d765aac5df0ba53e84d1900721b1.thumb.jpeg.8d95a2fa7851506fc4bebb1241968bfd.jpeg

Check the vid in my sign for a quick n easy conclusion of the GN vid. Tubes up are fine. Tubes down too.

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

i'm going with this last pics setup final with tubes down

8 minutes ago, rotexenv2 said:

i'm going with this last pics setup final with tubes down

Your talking about your pump, not your radiator. The pumps tubes orientation doesn’t really matter much. The radiator position is the larger concern and what I was talking about (since you stated radiator position in your original post). The way the tubes bend is 100% aesthetic, so if you like this look, that’s all that matters. 

If the tubes are long enough, you should flip the radiator so the tubes are at the bottom. If they are not, it’s not a big deal and what you have currently is fine. 

4 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Your talking about your pump, not your radiator. The pumps tubes orientation doesn’t really matter much. The radiator position is the larger concern and what I was talking about (since you stated radiator position in your original post).

If the tubes are long enough, you should flip the radiator so the tubes are at the bottom. If they are not, it’s not a big deal and what you have currently is fine. 

so you said pump tubes orientaion doesnt really matter so which orientaion to go with ?

Pump: doesnt matter

Rad: Top mount > Front Mount with tubes down > Front mount with tubes up > rad bottom (you should NEVER use this orientation in an AIO)

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

2 hours ago, rotexenv2 said:

Whatever you like the look of better. It doesn’t make any difference for performance, longevity, or noise.