Looking for a MMORPG

komar

As a long time player of the games Voyage Century O. and Bounty Bay O. (they are the same game, just different companies run them), I've been trying to search for something similar with no success.

In short what I'm searching for is slower pace, grinding game with still some sort of community left and some way of obtaining information - wiki/forum/guides of any kind.

No need to be the latest and greatest since the game I play was lunched in 2005 lulz.

For example, I tried playing Last Chaos recently again, but the client being stuck to BS boxy resolutions, no information what to do in game anywhere and a discord server where noone said a thing for 3 days turned me away.  (pretty much the same like years ago when I tried it for the first time)

Already tried most of the games that show after searching for a MMORPG online but nothing has caught my attention so looking forward to any suggestions you guys might have!

There's no way you haven't ever played World of Warcraft, right?

That game's older than some of the people on this forum...

depends on what you mean by "slower pace".

to me "slow paced" games would be

• WoW
  • FFXIV

and an example of a "fast paced" game would be

• Black Desert Online

mainly referring to the combat systems

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

and an example of a "fast paced" game would be

I might be called mentally retarded, but when i think of fast paced MMORPG i think of Tom Clancy's The Division series. Thatll be my recommendation.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

20 minutes ago, komar said:

In short what I'm searching for is slower pace, grinding game with still some sort of community left and some way of obtaining information - wiki/forum/guides of any kind.

Guild Wars 2?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 minutes ago, wavem2 said:

There's no way you haven't ever played World of Warcraft, right?

I have played Wrath of the Lich King - slow lvling made the normal servers a bit too boring and the "fun" servers were not much better after a week of playing.

12 minutes ago, Arika S said:

depends on what you mean by "slower pace".

2 things:

1:In general, the grind to have some sort of daily limit and especially to make sense - spending days on something just for the next guy with big PayPal balance to get in seconds is what's killing my current game.

2:The combat system - not a big fan of FPS and the style of combat with evading and etc (for example all Assassin screeds from Origins till now).

10 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Guild Wars 2?

Currently looking into it but it's still sort of meh.

1 hour ago, komar said:

I have played Wrath of the Lich King - slow lvling made the normal servers a bit too boring and the "fun" servers were not much better after a week of playing.

2 things:

1:In general, the grind to have some sort of daily limit and especially to make sense - spending days on something just for the next guy with big PayPal balance to get in seconds is what's killing my current game.

2:The combat system - not a big fan of FPS and the style of combat with evading and etc (for example all Assassin screeds from Origins till now).

Currently looking into it but it's still sort of meh.

IMHO
1. It'll be hard. Even old MMORPG without lootboxes can still get it's currency / items / service to get the rare items sold for real money.
Although, you'd want to stick to games that requires actual playing skill to thrive (usually old titles).

2. What kind of evading did you mean,
Example : In WoW you have to evade stuffs by either moving in certain direction, or jumping over it.
Some other WoW-like games might not have a jumping system, but still requires you to evade by moving away from certain attacks and such. At the very least in order to avoid getting the damage from that particular attack.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Neverwinter? I know progress on some of the campaigns are gated by weekly caps.

7 hours ago, komar said:

-snip-.

Runescape. 

Not kidding 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

linaege 2 .. is too old.... elite dangerous? space sim mmorpg..   elderscrolls online? skyrim online.