Fully Modular PSU with black and white cables?

Themfolks

I literally can't find a PSU that has cables like this. Could anyone recommend me a fully modular PSU with 80+ rating and black and white cables?

ttd.png

4 minutes ago, Themfolks said:

I literally can't find a PSU that has cables like this.

Aftermarket extension cables, like here. but there's tons out there.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

Just now, KREWLIFE said:

Aftermarket cables, like here. but there's tons out there.

But I read somewhere it can hurt my system. Some reddit post.

Just now, Themfolks said:

it can hurt my system

Buy them from a reputable place and you'll be fine, I use them, never had any issues. Just don't buy the cheapest of the cheap. Personally I buy from the link I gave you and never had any issues. Different PSU's 80+.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

10 minutes ago, Themfolks said:

When you get replacement modular cables they MUST be specified for use with the actual power supply you're going to use them with, but given that you're fine. 

I.e. since there's little choice check for availability of cables you want, then buy the corresponding PSU.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

When using a modular power supply you can replace the stock cables with a compatible cable kit. Which cable kit is compatible depends on which power supply you have, different power supplies have different cables. They're available in many different colours and with many places that make custom cables you can customise the colour pattern you want.

If you are still deciding which PSU you want to buy and are planning on replacing the cables with custom cables then it wouldn't hurt to check sites like cablemod to make sure they sell compatible cable kits before making your decision which PSU to buy, just to double check that you can actually find replacement cables for that model of power supply.

Extension cables are different and they attach on to the end of your existing cables to add an extra foot of length to the cable, but they will work with any standard ATX power supply and it does not need to be a modular power supply as it adds on to the end of the existing cables, which use a standardised connector on the component side. Extension cables are typically cheaper.

11 minutes ago, Themfolks said:

Yes, and no. Extension cables would be worse than just the stock cables. Longer cable and more connectors in the chain mean more resistance and voltage drop. It's not great, but it's also not the end of the world like using some firecracker $5 PSU or using SATA to PCIe firestarter adapter cables. Replacement cable kits are always better than extensions, but you will be paying 3 times as much for a replacement kit and there won't always be replacement cable kits available for every PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 hours ago, KREWLIFE said:

Aftermarket extension cables, like here. but there's tons out there.

NOT extensions.  Besides, the ones you linked aren't even extensions.  They're REPLACEMENT cables, which is the way to go.

6 hours ago, Themfolks said:

Extensions can.  But replacing the cables with the correct ones, from a reputable vendor, made for the PSU you're installing them on is totally safe.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

NOT extensions.  Besides, the ones you linked aren't even extensions.  They're REPLACEMENT cables, which is the way to go.

before you flame me with CAPS.. excuse me that my native langue isn't English, here we also know the psu cable as extension cable as they extend from the PSU to the components. 😒

12 hours ago, KREWLIFE said:

before you flame me with CAPS.. excuse me that my native langue isn't English, here we also know the psu cable as extension cable as they extend from the PSU to the components. 😒

Not flaming you.  Just making the point clear to OP.

I figured you mixed them up because you actually linked a good set of cables.

Just remember:  Extensions extend.  Thus the name.  Cables are cables.  You can't extend what's not there.