ASUS PG329Q or Acer Predator XB323U GP for simracing?

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

The Asus one is significantly cheaper and is all around well reviewed. So i'd go for that one. But rather than 3 monitors, i'd get the Samsung Odyssey G9 if it's for simracing. You can also wait a few more months for the newer version with a significantly better MiniLED backlight and HDR capabilities.

EDIT: Here is a quote from a review of the Acer one that sums the comparison to the PG329Q up pretty well:

So, to sum up. The XB323UGP has better design, DisplayPort 1.4, and a more flexible sRGB mode, whereas the PG329Q is cheaper and offers ELMB-Sync and better overdrive. In the end, it’s up to personal preference.

If you mostly play FPS games competitively and like CRT-like motion clarity, get the PG329Q for its ELMB-Sync. It also performs better at lower frame rates if you intend on using VRR.

Hey gang. I just upgraded my PC with an RTX 3080 so now I'm on the hunt for 1440p 32" monitors for sim racing. The ASUS PG329Q and Acer Predator XB323U GP both have similar specs (IPS, g-sync compatible, thinnish bezels) and reviews for both seem to be favorable. 

Mainly wondering if there's any key aspect wrt to a triple setup in simracing that sets them apart.

Predator XB323U GP
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/predator-model/UM.JX3SA.P01

ASUS PG329Q
https://rog.asus.com/au/monitors/32-to-34-inches/rog-swift-pg329q-model/

The Asus one is significantly cheaper and is all around well reviewed. So i'd go for that one. But rather than 3 monitors, i'd get the Samsung Odyssey G9 if it's for simracing. You can also wait a few more months for the newer version with a significantly better MiniLED backlight and HDR capabilities.

EDIT: Here is a quote from a review of the Acer one that sums the comparison to the PG329Q up pretty well:

So, to sum up. The XB323UGP has better design, DisplayPort 1.4, and a more flexible sRGB mode, whereas the PG329Q is cheaper and offers ELMB-Sync and better overdrive. In the end, it’s up to personal preference.

If you mostly play FPS games competitively and like CRT-like motion clarity, get the PG329Q for its ELMB-Sync. It also performs better at lower frame rates if you intend on using VRR.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Many thanks! Yeah, the G9 would be easier to set up, but then again from an FOV aspect 3 monitors has can't be matched. Anyway, I'm in no great hurry so I might wait until the new G9 appears.