New RAM causing black screen

My motherboard is the msi x470 gaming plus. I have been using Corsair rgb vengeance pro 3000mhz 2x8GB ram for about 2 years and I decided to get the Corsair rgb vengeance pro 3200mhz 2x8GB in supplement for the quad channel ram. Unfortunately when I tried to add in the new sticks I booted the pc and there was no display. I have tried using just the new ram and that doesn’t work. I have also tried discharging capacitors and resetting the cmos battery. The new ram sticks won’t work on their own or with the old ones. The old sticks work when in channels 2 and 4. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What CPU are you running ?

With new ram only black screen and no reaction at all while on old ram it works ? No power cycling, no post beeps ?

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

4 hours ago, shark103 said:

What CPU are you running ?

With new ram only black screen and no reaction at all while on old ram it works ? No power cycling, no post beeps ?

I’m using the Ryzen 5600x and for the gpu I have an evga GeForce gtx 1080ti. No power cycling or post beeps. 😞

19 hours ago, AndrewBurk04 said:

I’m using the Ryzen 5600x and for the gpu I have an evga GeForce gtx 1080ti. No power cycling or post beeps. 😞

Pull all ram out. Install only 1 stick of new ram into the slot DIMMA2 and power on (try both new ram sticks this way)

• Did bios load (accessible) ?
  • After power cycling from bios did system load ?

If only on one bios and system loaded and on the other nothing = defective ram.

If both worked separately then for the time being only idea is that you inserted them in wrong slots.

If both worked try plugging them both at the same time (make sure you're using DIMMA2 and DIMMB2) and note what happens.

If none worked then faulty ram

ps did you update the bios ? You wrote that you tried resetting cmos battery, did you just took it out and put back in ? Maybe clear bios using the button on mobo (manual on msi webpage shows location and tells what to do)

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB