iCUE doesn't work - fans stuck at 100%

Go to solution Solved by gal-m,

UPDATE: plugging and replugging the USB cable of the Lighting Node Pro's seemed to have worked.

Had a really long and quite bad day in reference to setting up a brand new system. First Google Chrome wouldn't sync my data, so I gave up and deleted everything (after backing up) and decided to start fresh - was literally trying and trying and trying for 3 straight hours to get it to sync. I then spent the next couple of hours uninstalling and reinstalling lighting control applications. So, the day is coming to an end and I've barely done anything with my brand new rig! Everything including the build went very smoothly, which is why it's kind of funny for me to get stuck at what are essentially silly software issues. Sometimes that's how it is.. Anyways, hopefully this helps some one 🙂

Just installed iCUE for my 9X Corsair LL120 series fans. They're plugged in via the Corsair Commander module and have been working fine, but as soon as I installed the iCUE software they got stuck at 100%. I can't really change the colors OR fan speeds even though I'm seeing RPM and information like that..

RPM's are reporting back

can't chasnge them or the lighting....

image.thumb.png.9c76cd59a70e0edbc5e67c0dad5c8d44.png

do they return to normal when you uninstall the software?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

do they return to normal when you uninstall the software

no they do not @emosun

Also @emosun iCUE is only detecting my commander pro and not the other two lighting modules that are connected to it..

seems like a bug with the software , might not be updated with the windows version from the manufacturer.

rgb and fan controlling software/devices are pretty cheaply made and not usually updated. I've kinda rarely if ever seen working rgb software that actually functioned for more than one or two windows updates before breaking.

38 minutes ago, emosun said:

seems like a bug with the software , might not be updated with the windows version from the manufacturer.

rgb and fan controlling software/devices are pretty cheaply made and not usually updated. I've kinda rarely if ever seen working rgb software that actually functioned for more than one or two windows updates before breaking

Sorry for the late reply @emosun. I changed the fan ports under device settings from auto to three pin and now they've ramped down to min RPM, but I still can't controll them. Quiet balanced or extreme does not make any difference... 

image.thumb.png.fcfb45e75c420cc0368d81f7021fb399.png

as you can see I've got extreme selected now and they don't change..

this is what it detects:

image.png.0fcbd217a07388299f7615b1197b735c.png

it does not detect the lighting node pro's which are connected to the Commander Pro

Also, chaning the lighting profile actually changes my MOBO's lights and now my RAM's lighting is glitching out

UPDATE: plugging and replugging the USB cable of the Lighting Node Pro's seemed to have worked.

Had a really long and quite bad day in reference to setting up a brand new system. First Google Chrome wouldn't sync my data, so I gave up and deleted everything (after backing up) and decided to start fresh - was literally trying and trying and trying for 3 straight hours to get it to sync. I then spent the next couple of hours uninstalling and reinstalling lighting control applications. So, the day is coming to an end and I've barely done anything with my brand new rig! Everything including the build went very smoothly, which is why it's kind of funny for me to get stuck at what are essentially silly software issues. Sometimes that's how it is.. Anyways, hopefully this helps some one 🙂