Lian Li o11 mini fan config? Help!

Hi,

I am going to be air cooling in the Lian Li o11 mini using a nhd15 for a 5900x and the gpu will be the rtx 3070. Could anybody recommend a fan config for the case? I currently have a pack of QL120mm fans and am looking to buy some more to finish the build. 

Thanks for the help,

Stay safe,

Lex

The standard config for that case is the bottom and back panel are intake while the single rear and top are all exhaust.

Again, that's a pretty standard config.

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

The standard config for that case is the bottom and back panel are intake while the single rear and top are all exhaust.

Again, that's a pretty standard config.

Ah ok, any recommendations as to how to do this the corsair QL series? I have no idea how to wire 9 of them up and am finding conflicting information online etc

Thanks for the help!

3 minutes ago, CriSis_ said:

Ah ok, any recommendations as to how to do this the corsair QL series? I have no idea how to wire 9 of them up and am finding conflicting information online etc

Thanks for the help!

You're about to see why I got rid of RGB. I don't know if there's a better way recently, but these are some options.

Spoiler

pcHrQPB.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=38435&d=1593

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Corsair has their specific devices you'll need if you really want to dive into their ecosystem. Hopefully someone who's hooked up that many of their fans at once can help you out.

You'll need more than just the fans. Since you're not using one of their Elite model AIO's, you won't get a Commander CORE so you'll likely need to buy at least one Commander Pro then whatever additional add on hubs are supported by them for the additional fans. You'll have to cover PWM and the RGB so its all controlled in the iCUE software. 

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

You're about to see why I got rid of RGB. I don't know if there's a better way recently, but these are some options.

Hide contents

pcHrQPB.png

This is the perfect example of why RGB on a large scale is a damn nightmare. 

Just now, rickeo said:

This is the perfect example of why RGB on a large scale is a damn nightmare. 

RGB on any scale...

Also @CriSis_Do note that the second picture I linked assumes you can use your AIO to control the fan speed of three of your fans.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

RGB on any scale...

Also @CriSis_Do note that the second picture I linked assumes you can use your AIO to control the fan speed of three of your fans.

He's gonna see that picture and just return everything. 😛

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Hide contents

pcHrQPB.png

Christ...

Well lets break it down. For his 9 fans and no AIO, would he still need 1x Commander Pro, 1x Commander Core (can you buy that standalone?) and 1x Lighting Node Pro? 

12 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Corsair has their specific devices you'll need if you really want to dive into their ecosystem. Hopefully someone who's hooked up that many of their fans at once can help you out.

You'll need more than just the fans. Since you're not using one of their Elite model AIO's, you won't get a Commander CORE so you'll likely need to buy at least one Commander Pro then whatever additional add on hubs are supported by them for the additional fans. You'll have to cover PWM and the RGB so its all controlled in the iCUE software. 

Perhaps ill be better off doing six fans. Two 140mm on the back, three 120mm on the top and one 120mm on the rear?

9 minutes ago, rickeo said:

He's gonna see that picture and just return everything. 😛

I'm boarder line considering it... xD

Just now, CriSis_ said:

Perhaps ill be better off doing six fans. Two 140mm on the back, three 120mm on the top and one 120mm on the rear?

You really want those 3 along the bottom for intake on the 011D Mini. 

Just now, CriSis_ said:

I'm boarder line considering it... xD

you need 2x core controllers or 1x non core and 2x hubs.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Well lets break it down. For his 9 fans and no AIO, would he still need 1x Commander Pro, 1x Commander Core (can you buy that standalone?) and 1x Lighting Node Pro? 

Lighting node pro comes with the fan packs, I'll have to buy the commander pro even if i only have six fans so... And as it turns out the commander core is purchasable separately but it costs as much as the commander pro ...

Didn't realise how much of a pain this is xD

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

You really want those 3 along the bottom for intake on the 011D Mini. 

Do you think the difference would be that bad, I have cats so even despite the bottom intake being filtered it's bound to be covered in dust quite quickly... Plus, it also looks better on the top xD

1 minute ago, CriSis_ said:

Lighting node pro comes with the fan packs, I'll have to buy the commander pro even if i only have six fans so... And as it turns out the commander core is purchasable separately but it costs as much as the commander pro ...

Didn't realise how much of a pain this is xD

no the pro is the old controller and the core is the no controller.  the core cany only d 6 fans per controller and then pro can do 12 with 2x hubs

the core has the hub built in so thats why only a max of 6 fans.

the different from an node and commander is the node dose not control the  fan speed only the light

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, CriSis_ said:

Do you think the difference would be that bad, I have cats so even despite the bottom intake being filtered it's bound to be covered in dust quite quickly... Plus, it also looks better on the top xD

What I mean is you want 3x fans in the bottom for your primary intake and GPU cooling, then another 3 in the top for your primary exhaust. 

I actually have 2x 140mm's on the side panel since i think it looked better vs. 2x 120's in that position. 

2 minutes ago, CriSis_ said:

bottem will be for gpu air

36 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

no the pro is the old controller and the core is the no controller.  the core cany only d 6 fans per controller and then pro can do 12 with 2x hubs

the core has the hub built in so thats why only a max of 6 fans.

the different from an node and commander is the node dose not control the  fan speed only the light

I thought the commander pro was the controller with more functionality and the commander core was the controller included with the capellix coolers? From what I understand the commander pro allows me to connect the node pro to the led part and control all the fans colours and it has six fan speed controllers to directly connect the fans right? 

This is the one im talking about - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/components-upgrades/processors/corsair-cl-9011110-ww-commander-pro-connector-module-10179398-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=2f489429-2329-4fcd-941a-a6a497a10e1d&istItemId=wpwqmqpaw&istBid=t&awc=1599_1625594171_da8bec205734952e909bb75f02d7fc07&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Genie+Shopping+CSS~Comparison+Engine~259955~Genie+Shopping

Not sure if i understood this right?

17 minutes ago, CriSis_ said:

I thought the commander pro was the controller with more functionality and the commander core was the controller included with the capellix coolers? From what I understand the commander pro allows me to connect the node pro to the led part and control all the fans colours and it has six fan speed controllers to directly connect the fans right? 

This is the one im talking about - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/components-upgrades/processors/corsair-cl-9011110-ww-commander-pro-connector-module-10179398-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=2f489429-2329-4fcd-941a-a6a497a10e1d&istItemId=wpwqmqpaw&istBid=t&awc=1599_1625594171_da8bec205734952e909bb75f02d7fc07&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Genie+Shopping+CSS~Comparison+Engine~259955~Genie+Shopping

Not sure if i understood this right?

the node pro is for the argb light only the commander pro can do light and fan power

the core is newer and can only do 6 fans

the pro can do 12fan with 2x hubs

corsair comander core.png

corsair comander pro.jpg

corsair lighing node pro.jpg

corsair lighting node core.png