Gaming laptop overheating

cxtrxl

I have had my msi gf63 8rd for almost two years now and i use it for gaming mostly. A couple of month ago i started noticing fps drops and realized it was a cpu throttle. My laptop has been overheating with 95 degrees on my cpu (i5 8300H). I opened it replaced my thermal paste (which was almost completely dry) and it worked for a month or two (at 80-85c when gaming) but now its back at 95c with fans at maximum speed. I tried undervolting with -100.06mV and it didn't help. I capped my fps to 60 since thats my monitors refresh rate and didn't help. I tried lowering the clock speed using Throttlestop from 40 to 28 on every core and still didn't work. Just now i was watching a live stream on twitch and that alone had my cpu at 90c. I don't know what to do anymore. I'd appreciate some help since its causing problems while gaming such as stutters. 

image.png

When you did the repaste, you did cover the full die area and not just put a pea size amount or something in the centre? You did tighten up the heatsink again to the correct amount of torque? Might be worth disassembling again and just checking on the paste you used to see if it still looks ok.

* your thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, IntMD said:

When you did the repaste, you did cover the full die area and not just put a pea size amount or something in the centre? You did tighten up the heatsink again to the correct amount of torque? Might be worth disassembling again and just checking on the paste you used to see if it still looks ok.

I did the repaste a month or two ago, and i did cover the whole area on the cpu, It did reduce the temperatures slightly for the last two months but now its back where it was before. Yeah i might have to dissemble it again and check the situation