3700x or 5600x

I am hoping to get a new cpu to replace my 3200g and am wondering what's better since the 3700x and 5600x are very similar price. I play beamng multiplayer which pins my 3200g at 100% and the game can definitely take advantage of the 2 extra cores on the 3700x. I also sometimes use remote desktop so I can play on my laptop and the 3200g really struggles with that making everything blurry and unplayable.

As long as you will only be gaming the 5600X looks like a better overall choice, 3700X for streaming, Blender etc.

1 minute ago, Zongohihello said:

As long as you will only be gaming the 5600X looks like a better overall choice, 3700X for streaming, Blender etc.

Yeah but will remote desktop be like streaming where it needs the extra cores, in cpu heavy games the remote desktop is terrible and really stutery and blury with my 3200g now. I know beamng wich i play a lot will take advantage of the extra 4 threads on the 3700x since it is 1 car per thread and performance is terrible once you go over the threads you have but idk if its worth it to get 3700x just for that game.

1 minute ago, ishapli8 said:

Yeah but will remote desktop be like streaming where it needs the extra cores, in cpu heavy games the remote desktop is terrible and really stutery and blury with my 3200g now. I know beamng wich i play a lot will take advantage of the extra 4 threads on the 3700x since it is 1 car per thread and performance is terrible once you go over the threads you have but idk if its worth it to get 3700x just for that game.

Something tells me that it's the network that is the bottleneck

1 minute ago, Zongohihello said:

Something tells me that it's the network that is the bottleneck

my desktop is plugged in and have fiber gigabit internet. It is only really bad in games like rust that pin my cpu at 100%

If you have to choose, I'd go with the 3700X. 6 core is going the way of quad core. 8 core is the future for gaming now that the next gen consoles have gone there. Personally, though, I'd try to squeeze a little extra blood from the stone to get a 5800X. That gives you the best of both worlds.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, ishapli8 said:

my desktop is plugged in and 1 have fiber gigabit internet. It is only really bad in games like rust that pin my cpu at 100%

Of course the 4 core CPU will be at it's maximum. What's the network connection to the client, aka the device you will be seeing and controlling from

4 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

Of course the 4 core CPU will be at it's maximum. What's the network connection to the client, aka the device you will be seeing and controlling from

same place just different room so gigabit fiber but its wifi and intel ax200 card the specs on the laptop are decent to a 4700u but vega 7 igpu so its not great for gaming

5 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

If you have to choose, I'd go with the 3700X. 6 core is going the way of quad core. 8 core is the future for gaming now that the next gen consoles have gone there. Personally, though, I'd try to squeeze a little extra blood from the stone to get a 5800X. That gives you the best of both worlds.

This is the way.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)