What should i upgrade

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,
Just now, ComputerFan13 said:

1080p

Looking at videos like this one that show the R5 3600 + RTX 2060 combo in Black Ops, the game is entirely GPU bound (usage sitting over 98% the whole time) while the CPU is under 50% utilized basically the entire time.

Also, at 1080p, the 5600X is about 12% faster than the 3600 when paired with the RX 6800 according to Hardware Unboxed. While at 1080p, the 3060 Ti is over 52% faster than the 2060.

So I'd say the 3060 Ti is going to be the most likely thing to improve your performance.

So i have the budget to maybe do a GPU upgrade, or a CPU and Motherboard upgrade.

my specs are:

ryzen 5 3600

16gb 3200mhz RAM

rtx 2060

Asus prime b450m-a

500gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus

240mm CPU AIO

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing

I want to upgrade my GPU to a 3060TI but would it be more worth it to upgrade my CPU to a 5600x and a b550 motherboard. I have a friend that would be willing to buy my 2060 for $250 if I upgrade my GPU, if I did the CPU upgrade would I bottleneck the CPU with the 2060? I have a 165hz monitor that i want to get as much out of but I don't have the budget for a 3070. If it helps I mostly play Black Ops Cold War, Minecraft, and ARK survival Evolved.

Edited by ComputerFan13
spelling error

Just lower your settings a bit?

Call of duty isn't super well optimized and only extremely high end systems can push an average fps of 165hz or when running at VERY low fps. Minecraft is minecraft it is totally random with fps really and Ark is a mess of optimization you can have a supercomputer and it can still run like ass.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

What resolution do you play at?

1080p

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Just lower your settings a bit?

Call of duty isn't super well optimized and only extremely high end systems can push an average fps of 165hz or when running at VERY low fps. Minecraft is minecraft it is totally random with fps really and Ark is a mess of optimization you can have a supercomputer and it can still run like ass.

i use dlss in COD and have pretty good frames, but i dont want to lower the settings because i also like my games to look good while im playing them, i mostly manage around 100fps on medium in COD (with DLSS)

Just now, ComputerFan13 said:

1080p

Looking at videos like this one that show the R5 3600 + RTX 2060 combo in Black Ops, the game is entirely GPU bound (usage sitting over 98% the whole time) while the CPU is under 50% utilized basically the entire time.

Also, at 1080p, the 5600X is about 12% faster than the 3600 when paired with the RX 6800 according to Hardware Unboxed. While at 1080p, the 3060 Ti is over 52% faster than the 2060.

So I'd say the 3060 Ti is going to be the most likely thing to improve your performance.

13 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Ok thank you for helping me.