LG GL850-B Query

Mista G

Ordered the LG GL850-B and arrived yesterday. No dead or stuck pixels to report however is it normal for the panel to look cool on the left and warm on the right?

It almost seems like backlight bleed but if I move position it fades away and turns warm and vice versa?

Can't take a photo of the screen as it really makes it look bad if you get what I mean.

If I'm sat directly in front of the screen it looks similar to backlight bleed in the bottom left corner but move and it disappears?

I'm in a pretty dark part of the room and blacks in top left and bottom left look bluish?

11 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

That seems normal, don't own one of that exact monitor but it's normal for displays to look different from different angles.

Sat directly in from of the screen the bottom left corner looks a lot lighter in colour bluish unless I move. The bottom right corner appears reddish.

2 hours ago, Mista G said:

Sat directly in from of the screen the bottom left corner looks a lot lighter in colour bluish unless I move. The bottom right corner appears reddish.

If it dissapears when moving, then it's IPS glow. If it stays while you move, it's backlight bleed. In any case it's something inherent with LCD backlit monitors. You have to decide yourself if the severity of your unit is too bad or acceptable.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

If its in the corners its probably backlight bleed.

If it's all over the monitor and almost looks like a glowy shine that moves when you do, thats IPS glow.

I'd suggest playing a dark movie or dark video game and see if it bothers you much.

I had the original alienware ultrawide, the ips glow and bleed both where so bad I couldn't see my character on dishonored 2 in the dark, it was that bad.

My new LG ips ultrawide however, 95% better, still exists, but barely

Ill point out the tradeoffs, VA panels can also have backlight bleed in the corners, but also introduce ghosting and smearing of dark objects in games, that alone made me return one monitor the day I got it.

TN panels in my experience had no glow, no bleed, no smearing, just dull colors.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

On 7/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mista G said:

Ordered the LG GL850-B and arrived yesterday. No dead or stuck pixels to report however is it normal for the panel to look cool on the left and warm on the right?

It almost seems like backlight bleed but if I move position it fades away and turns warm and vice versa?

Can't take a photo of the screen as it really makes it look bad if you get what I mean.

If I'm sat directly in front of the screen it looks similar to backlight bleed in the bottom left corner but move and it disappears?

I'm in a pretty dark part of the room and blacks in top left and bottom left look bluish?

its a IPS display, what ur describing is IPS glow. It changes depending on the angle ur viewing it at, to reduce it sit further away so more of the screen is in a similar fov.

This exists on all IPS display to varying degrees and unlike BLB is not a production fault, but rather a effect of the technology.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |