Overkill pc build.

ZeRKeD

Budget (including currency): ~4000$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: games/editing

Other details current pc was originally built in 2012 time to finally upgrade. Haven’t decide on a case yet and have everything else. Just planning what parts to buy and getting recommendations of thing to change or consider. Only thing holding me back is finding a GPU closer to retail msrp. Not to keen on supporting the scalpers. Here’s where I am currently. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($549.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($480.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($235.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LE iCX3 Video Card  ($1996.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($314.25 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4158.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-02 09:37 EDT-0400

thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, ZeRKeD said:

Budget (including currency): ~4000$ USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: games/editing

Other details current pc was originally built in 2012 time to finally upgrade. Haven’t decide on a case yet and have everything else. Just planning what parts to buy and getting recommendations of thing to change or consider. Only thing holding me back is finding a GPU closer to retail msrp. Not to keen on supporting the scalpers. Here’s where I am currently. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($549.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($480.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($235.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LE iCX3 Video Card  ($1996.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($314.25 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4158.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-02 09:37 EDT-0400

thanks in advance!

I would not recommend getting a intel 11th gen cpu. I would recommend going AMD and if you're an Intel fan I would recommend going intel 10th gen . 

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Will you be doing any overclocking?

Cause most of these parts are geared towards overclocking, if you are not overclocking then might aswell save a few hundred and invest it into a better gpu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W4hrF8

Another mediocre pcpartpicker list by me .-.

5950x cause overkill

Dark rock pro 4 cause one of the best air coolers and will only lose a little bit to the liquid freezer ii 420 while being 90$ cheaper

X570 taichi cause good ocing x570 that isnt 690$, though for maximum ocing you might wanna get a b550 aorus master or b550 meg unify

Kept rgb ram albeit at a much better price than that corsair ram which is a literal ripoff

Might wanna add more storage

Lian li mesh case cause good asthetics and good airflow and some rgb

Gpu is up to you

Can strip around 90$ if case and rgb ram was yeeted, though best to do this if you are overbudget, otherwise just keep it cause why not ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Will you be doing any overclocking?

Cause most of these parts are geared towards overclocking, if you are not overclocking then might aswell save a few hundred and invest it into a better gpu

I don’t plan to do any manual overclocking. I used to overclocking before my last build in 2012 but after seeing my current cpu and motherboard last this long I’m think about doing the same thing and let it run stock to get the most life out of the parts.

25 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

May I recommend the Ryzen 9 5900X? It's much better than the Intel one but of course a bit more expensive.

I haven’t seen much when looking into ryzen 9 that would push me to switch from intel to amd. I’m not going to lie tho amd has come a long way but I still feel my money is better spent with intel.

3 minutes ago, ZeRKeD said:

I haven’t seen much when looking into ryzen 9 that would push me to switch from intel to amd. I’m not going to lie tho amd has come a long way but I still feel my money is better spent with intel.

Ryzen CPUs have much better price to performance nowadays than older AMD CPUs, basically everyone in this thread has suggested a Ryzen too and that is for good reason. I would actually recommend the i9-10900k if you insist on Intel since the 11900k is so bad.

4 minutes ago, ZeRKeD said:

Welp you are gonna be stuck with 10 cores at most, i think you will want to wait for alder lake before you do your build, cause its pretty dumb to build a 4k$ system but it only has 8 cores xD

33 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

I would not recommend getting a intel 11th gen cpu. I would recommend going AMD and if you're an Intel fan I would recommend going intel 10th gen . 

I’ll take another look at the 10th gen vs 11th gen.

15 minutes ago, ZeRKeD said:

I understand you @ZeRKeD. You're thinking that one of Intel's cores is MUCH stronger than AMD's like it used to be in the old days when AMD had more cores, but Intel's cores were much faster.

It's the other way around now. AMD CPU's are faster both in single threaded and multi threaded performance, so there's very little reason going with Intel at this moment.

The 11th gen i9 is terrible. The 10850K would be a better option for a high core count Intel cpu, but you lose pcie gen 4 so the 980 pro or similar would be a waste.

If it was me I would go with a 5800X as below or a 5900X if you want more cores.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($394.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($178.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($123.93 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3268.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-02 10:29 EDT-0400

Did more looking at the ryzen 9 5950x for the last couple hours and it Looks solid and double the cores would be a huge upside moving into the future. I guess having always built intel base computers has given me some bias but thing were much different in 2012. It’s probably time to give amd some time to shine and I shouldn’t have to upgrade in a long time if I go with the 5950x. As I don’t plan to overclock need a decent MB that looks good. I’d like to run at least 2 m.2 4.0 and I have storage server for the rest of my bulky storage. Video/pic and back ups. Next I guess should I go with 4x8/4x16 32/64 3200/3600? Appreciate all the feed back so far.