77 Degrees Celsius on i5-3570K

My i5-3570K is reaching temps as hot as 78 degrees Celsius while under 100% load. Are these temps to hot for this CPU to handle? It is being cooled currently by a Cooler Mater Hyper 212 Evo. I'm considering switching to a water cooler soon which does require a different case. Is this solution something i need to get quickly or am i ok for awhile.

78 Celsius is a bit hot but won't do any damage to your CPU. Is your CPU currently overclocked? Also you might want to try adding more fans to your case or changing the thermal paste between the cooler and the CPU.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Nothing wrong with that.

with my corsair H100 (now faulty) my cpu would often reach TjMax 105degrees under stress testing.
4.6GHz.

at comfortable 4.5GHz it would reach 95 under stress test.

in real world though, my usage never sees me at 100% for long

currently running stock cooler at 4.4 ghz.. no problems

Pc components dont have moving parts like cars so there is not a normal temperature of course 77 is a bit high if you have a fan as he said try to change thermal compound

It is overclocked to 4.5 Ghz at about 1.28V. It seems to be very stable just hovers in the Mid-70's during game play.

It is overclocked to 4.5 Ghz at about 1.28V. It seems to be very stable just hovers in the Mid-70's during game play.

That voltage is a little high and might be what's causing the higher temps. Try achieving that overclock with a lower voltage :) (I am able to reach 4.4GHz with my 3570K at 1.14V with the same cooler and my CPU stays around 60 Celsius at load.)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

That's perfectly fine. 

That voltage is a little high and might be what's causing the higher temps. Try achieving that overclock with a lower voltage :) (I am able to reach 4.4GHz with my 3570K at 1.14V with the same cooler and my CPU stays around 60 Celsius at load.)

It's not that high. A diminishing returns bump for ~4.4ghz+ for oc'ing and voltage isn't uncommon. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would look into replacing the poor TIM before spending hundreds of extra dollars on cooling.

Really the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO's stock TIM isn't terrible. I think he might just be feeding too much voltage to the CPU.

My Current Build: 

I tried. Even at like 1.26V it doesn't stay stable for longer than 20 minutes or so. I currently have 3 Noctua Case fans plus the stock fan on the cooler. Should I upgrade the CPU fans for push pull on the cooler?

That's perfectly fine.

It's not that high. A diminishing returns bump for ~4.4ghz+ for oc'ing and voltage isn't uncommon.

I know but lowering the voltage as much as he stably can should help with the temps.

I tried. Even at like 1.26V it doesn't stay stable for longer than 20 minutes or so. I currently have 3 Noctua Case fans plus the stock fan on the cooler. Should I upgrade the CPU fans for push pull on the cooler?

If you don't mind going down 100-200MHz on the CPU clockspeed you might be able to get the voltage down which would help your temps. Also you cooling is fine and push-pull really doesn't help to much. Also replacing the thermal paste might help.

My Current Build: 

Ivy Bridge and Haswell CPUs are known to have poor TIM between the die and IHS.

Oh you meant that TIM. That might help but I don't think it is really worth damaging a $250 CPU when he could try some "cheaper" solutions lol.

My Current Build: 

Spending hundreds of extra dollars on watercooling and case won't help as much if the contact between the CPU and heatsink is bad.

How hard is it to take a CPU apart and not damage it? I'm fairly competent but not advanced by any stretch of the imagination. 

How hard is it to take a CPU apart and not damage it? I'm fairly competent but not advanced by any stretch of the imagination. 

From what I understand it isn't complicated to do but one little slip could kill your CPU. I would suggest messing around with your overclock a bit first and if that doesn't help, replace the thermal paste in between your cooler and CPU and if you still want lower temperatures you can change the TIM inside the CPU but I don't recommend it.

My Current Build: 

What about fan control software to speed up my CPU fan speed outside of the BIOS which isnt much help on my MoBo? I tried FanSpeed but honestly cant make heads or tails on how to set it up.

What about fan control software to speed up my CPU fan speed outside of the BIOS which isnt much help on my MoBo? I tried FanSpeed but honestly cant make heads or tails on how to set it up.

If by FanSpeed you mean SpeedFan :P then yes, it is quite hard to set up but once you have it set up it works flawlessly. I have all my fans controlled by SpeedFan and it took a while to set up but I love it :)

This guide should help you get started with it: http://www.silentpcreview.com/SpeedFan

My Current Build: 

(Facepalm) Didn't notice that the TPU setting was turned on on my MoBo. It's supposed to be an "automatic overclock" for the CPU. I disabled it and immediately reaped the benefits of about a 16 degree cool down on my CPU. 

(Facepalm) Didn't notice that the TPU setting was turned on on my MoBo. It's supposed to be an "automatic overclock" for the CPU. I disabled it and immediately reaped the benefits of about a 16 degree cool down on my CPU. 

Lol, no shame in making mistakes (Usually :P) So now that your CPU is running at about 60 Celsius your problem has been solved :)

Welcome to LTT by the way :D

My Current Build: 

That's cute, I get over 90°C whilst playing BF4, on a stock Intel cooler. And I can't do anything about it 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

That's cute, I get over 90°C whilst playing BF4, on a stock Intel cooler. And I can't do anything about it 

Haha I know. :D

It is funny how they sell their cpu with cooler that makes cpu throtle under load.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Intel can get pretty hot. AMD is the one thar can't tolerate higher temps.