Is it possible to use a Laptop speakers as the sound output for another laptop by means of Bluetooth ?

Go to solution Solved by pythonmegapixel,

If you're on Windows 10, version 2004 or later, and the bluetooth chips in both laptops support it, you can get the app "Bluetooth Audio Receiver" from the Windows store on the device you want to use as the speaker. I don't use Windows so I'm not currently able to test whether it works, but you might find this post useful.

@robotxbotI'm not sure what you're talking about, various other posts online suggest you are incorrect.

Is it possible to use a Laptop speakers as the sound output for another laptop by means of Bluetooth ?

3 minutes ago, Techyguy010288 said:

nope only input

If you're on Windows 10, version 2004 or later, and the bluetooth chips in both laptops support it, you can get the app "Bluetooth Audio Receiver" from the Windows store on the device you want to use as the speaker. I don't use Windows so I'm not currently able to test whether it works, but you might find this post useful.

@robotxbotI'm not sure what you're talking about, various other posts online suggest you are incorrect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

3 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

oh ok i thought it was like hdmi input only

Why use bluetooth when both laptops are already on the same network?

You need a remote desktop connection that supports sound... nomachine, even TeamViewer supports it.

But if you want to save bandwidth and CPU resources, there are some sound only streaming apps too.

I remember messing with Raspberry Pi PULSEAUDIO something, but don't recall the details. When even cheap ARM  device can handle it, laptops will 4 sure.

-> Moved to Audio

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

43 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Thank you Mate..It worked for me