Need some help with my cpu temps(2700x)

fxur_am

Hello,so my concern is about the temps,i know that amd cpus tend to run hot and i would like to know if my temps are ok so i can stop being stressed out about them.At idle the lowest that i saw was 29-32(55-70 while playing games) but i'm getting those 10c spikes every few seconds(it goes from 30 to 40 and just keeps repeating) and i have no idea why.Everything is at stock i'm also using the wraith spire for now,i just want to know if something is wrong or is completely normal for amd cpus.I'm sorry if this was posted before but i just need some reassurance.This is a pic of my pc running a stream in chrome while being in tray https://ibb.co/vDnY1T0.

Pc specs:
2700x

32gb ddr4 3000mhz

rog strix x470-i gaming

zotac 1070 ti mini

Temps should be more stable than that, but it's entirely possible that you're sitting on the cusp of whatever the default fan curve has for around that temp. For example, it might be set to run the fans slower below 40, and then crank them up past that. So if the cooler is only keeping you around 30-40, it's backing off once it's under 40, then starts heating up again until it hits 40, then cranks up to cool it back down to 30. Rinse and repeat.

Long and short, play with the fan curve to see if you can find a more stable range.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Well, those spikes are mostly normal, it could be that in your bios auto overclock is enabled, it was for me enabled on stock, so if those spikes worry you, you can check that. Otherwise as long as you don't go over 85-90 degrees (Celsius) you should be fine, they probably are boost thing for ryzen, as I said it was enabled by stock for me, nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't get too hot or overheat

Edit: as mentioned by Chris, it also could be the fan curve, you can change that if that worry's you, though with some quick googling many people have temp spikes and as someone on a different thread said: Perfectly normal Ryzen behavior. Not much to worry about as long as your system runs fine imo

9 hours ago, Lotinsh said:

Well, those spikes are mostly normal, it could be that in your bios auto overclock is enabled, it was for me enabled on stock, so if those spikes worry you, you can check that. Otherwise as long as you don't go over 85-90 degrees (Celsius) you should be fine, they probably are boost thing for ryzen, as I said it was enabled by stock for me, nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't get too hot or overheat

Edit: as mentioned by Chris, it also could be the fan curve, you can change that if that worry's you, though with some quick googling many people have temp spikes and as someone on a different thread said: Perfectly normal Ryzen behavior. Not much to worry about as long as your system runs fine imo

I forgot to say that i already set a custom fan curve in bios but haven't touched anything else yet,it's at 65% until 75c then i set it to go to 75%.Is pretty quiet this way and i also have 5 case fans(3 intake 2 exhaust).Those temp spikes only happen when is idle(or just normal stuff like watching something),i also downloaded and istalled the amd auto update thing for the chipset and i'm using windows balanced power plan.Well as long as they're good i'm happy,i built this pc so i can use it for the next 2 years so let's hope it holds that long.

Well if it's not during gaming, then its probably 100% fine with those spikes, it seems like it's a common ryzen problem which doesnt matter much

9 hours ago, Lotinsh said:

Well if it's not during gaming, then its probably 100% fine with those spikes, it seems like it's a common ryzen problem which doesnt matter much

Yes during any games that i played so far(Black Desert mostly and some FC5)the temps average around 61-65 small spikes to 70-71 if i do anything on my 2nd screen but nothing over that.Spikes only happen if i'm not in a game.