Is this enough thermal paste for a 5900x?

So today i reapplied my thermal paste on my 5900x but as soon as i cleaned it up and started making an X pattern on my CPU i realised i had no thermal paste left so i ended up with a pattern like this (made it in paint lol).Do you guys think this will spread well or be really bad and in need really quick for some more thermal paste?

Screenshot 2021-06-30 001927.png

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

8 minutes ago, Mobmaker55 said:

You'll most likely need to wipe off and reapply.

Do you think this is a small amount of thermal paste and i need to get some more thermal paste ASAP or i'll be good for a couple weeks?

6 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

So today i reapplied my thermal paste on my 5900x but as soon as i cleaned it up and started making an X pattern on my CPU i realised i had no thermal paste left so i ended up with a pattern like this (made it in paint lol).Do you guys think this will spread well or be really bad and in need really quick for some more thermal paste?

I would have recommended finding the center of your heat spreader and then putting whatever thermal paste you had remaining there, when the heatsink/cooler is placed back on, the thermal paste would get spread around evenly. Please take a picture (on your phone/webcam/camera) and upload onto this thread to more accurately determine if your thermal paste application was good or should be reapplied. Honestly, if you're out of thermal paste anyway, I would just put the cooler back on and monitor temps using Open Hardware Monitor (https://openhardwaremonitor.org/).

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

13 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Yeah no... You need to reapply that.

12 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would have recommended finding the center of your heat spreader and then putting whatever thermal paste you had remaining there, when the heatsink/cooler is placed back on, the thermal paste would get spread around evenly. Please take a picture (on your phone/webcam/camera) and upload onto this thread to more accurately determine if your thermal paste application was good or should be reapplied. Honestly, if you're out of thermal paste anyway, I would just put the cooler back on and monitor temps using Open Hardware Monitor (https://openhardwaremonitor.org/).

CB564B23-C5EA-4AF7-97AA-506A62639784.jpeg

D6874EF9-51D0-4FD6-8BE6-6965BCA029A4.jpeg

8 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

CB564B23-C5EA-4AF7-97AA-506A62639784.jpeg

D6874EF9-51D0-4FD6-8BE6-6965BCA029A4.jpeg

Yeah, that thermal paste application wasn't that great, wouldn't have been recommended for the long-term, although should have been fine for a few weeks (as long as you weren't running near full load for extended periods of time). Maybe consider getting a thermal pad instead of paste as it is generally more easy to apply consistently, also won't really degrade over time.

PCPartPicker Part List

Thermal Compound: Sunbeam Iceberg TS-IB 1 g Thermal Paste  ($5.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $5.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-29 17:56 EDT-0400

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

40 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Usually you want a dollop on the middle a little larger than a pea.

I think this might be a bit much...

26 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Yeah, that thermal paste application wasn't that great, wouldn't have been recommended for the long-term, although should have been fine for a few weeks (as long as you weren't running near full load for extended periods of time). Maybe consider getting a thermal pad instead of paste as it is generally more easy to apply consistently, also won't really degrade over time.

PCPartPicker Part List

Thermal Compound: Sunbeam Iceberg TS-IB 1 g Thermal Paste  ($5.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $5.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-29 17:56 EDT-0400

What if i play intensive games though? I monitored my cpu temps and they are pretty nice 65-70c full load and 45-50c idle.Does this application last about 2 weeks?

1 hour ago, probablydumb said:

What if i play intensive games though? I monitored my cpu temps and they are pretty nice 65-70c full load and 45-50c idle.Does this application last about 2 weeks?

Your fine. Don't overthink it. Watch your temps. If it goes up by like 10c in a months time then think about reapplication, but honestly, it's fine. 

Just watch your temps, it should be fine for now. Depending how much you used it could be enough.

Generally you avoid placing paste so close to the edge of the chip so it doesn't spill over and make a mess and potentially fall into your CPU socket. The x patern for Ryzen is great, just don't go all the way to the edges next time. A line half as long for your X would definitely be enough.

Less than most people think is needed is still 2x what is actually needed 🤣

looks like you had more than enough based on the picture with the AIO cooler pulled off, all that extra crap around the edges is just wasted paste. and it also looks like you have a low spot, but that could just be from when you pulled off the cooler unevenly. but i also lap both my CPU and coolers for that super flat effect because i OC the crap out of my stuff.