Additional Homeplug adapter causing other adapter to periodically drop out

Hi all, let me just preface this that I know that connecting my network using Ethernet cable would be a much better solution, and believe me if I could I would. But in my case the Homeplug adapters are my best option (usually).

I've attached an awful diagram of my home network layout. The thunderbolt-RJ45 jacks represent the Homeplug adapters.

Adapters 1 and 2 are Netgear PLP1000 adapters, the problematic Adapter 3 is a Devolo DLAN 200 adapter or DLAN 550 adapter (both have the same issue as below), Adapter 4 is also a DLAN 200.

I used to use the Devolo 550 adapters for 1 and 2 but experienced dropouts, but I have no issues when using the Netgear adapters for 1 and 2 (And the Devolo 200 adapters way before), and the Devolo 200 adapter for 4, adapter 3 removed from the network.

However, if I connect adapter 3 it causes adapter 1 to periodically drop out. From adapter 2 I can still communicate with 3 and 4, but not 1.

Running a ping test on Linux shows empty output until the adapter reconnects, showing a successful connection but with a ~70 second ping time.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try? I've not tried disconnecting adapter 4 (it's a pain to get to), but I can try it at the weekend. I hope my description hasn't been too confusing.

Homeplug.png

@Zingiber

1. Are any of these powerline adapters plugging into surge protectors?
  2. Are they all on the same mains circuit?
  3. Is anything plugged in to the next outlet beside the powerline adapter?

19 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

@Zingiber

1. Are any of these powerline adapters plugging into surge protectors?
  2. Are they all on the same mains circuit?
  3. Is anything plugged in to the next outlet beside the powerline adapter?

1. No, all of them are directly plugged into the wall.

2. Not properly checked but as far as I'm aware all except adapter 4 are on the same mains circuit.

3. No, everything is plugged in via the powerline adapter (they're all passthrough ones).