TWRP recovery corrupted?

Raeks

So I updated Magisk and my rooted phone with custom recovery got stuck in bootloop. I could not get into TWRP recovery by any method. Yesterday I accidentally got into the recovery by draining the battery and pressing random combinations of buttons while connecting/disconnecting the phone with the charger. I got into recovery and flashed a custom rom on my phone. Everything worked fine until I rebooted into the recovery where I got stuck into bootloop again. Somehow I got into recovery again by the same above method and now I am wondering if the recovery is corrupted or is there something else wrong with the phone. Do I need to flash the recovery again? Is the firmware corrupted and I need to flash the firmware again? Any idea what could be the issue?

I don't think the recovery is corrupted because if it did, you won't be able to get into the recovery at all.

I think there are 2 possibilities, its either the ROM that you've downloaded and used to re-flash the phone is corrupted or your smartphone memory cell/ufs/emmc is dying.

But try to update the TWRP and re-download the ROM and then flash it again

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

1 minute ago, Ya_Mi said:

I don't think the recovery is corrupted because if it did, you won't be able to get into the recovery at all.

I think there are 2 possibilities, its either the ROM that you've downloaded and used to re-flash the phone is corrupted or your smartphone memory cell/ufs/emmc is dying.

But try to update the TWRP and re-download the ROM and then flash it again

I don't think the ROM is corrupted because this time I used a different ROM and it happened again. So, yeah. Maybe something is wrong with the hardware.

I think you might be using the wrong TWRP build for your device. TWRP can fail on certain ROM revisions and usually if you are absolutely fucking certain your rom supports your specific device and variation it will usually link the TWRP you need. You need to boot into bootloader, not recovery, typically that's what you get into by holding power + vol up when the phone starts up. From there you can run fastboot boot [twrp filename].img in adb

also you need to re-flash TWRP after installing a ROM, typically, as most customs either don't bundle a ROM and require TWRP as a replacement, bundle the barebones Lineage/AOSP recovery, or bundle their own.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

4 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I think you might be using the wrong TWRP build for your device. TWRP can fail on certain ROM revisions and usually if you are absolutely fucking certain your rom supports your specific device and variation it will usually link the TWRP you need. You need to boot into bootloader, not recovery, typically that's what you get into by holding power + vol up when the phone starts up. From there you can run fastboot boot [twrp filename].img in adb

also you need to re-flash TWRP after installing a ROM, typically, as most customs either don't bundle a ROM and require TWRP as a replacement, bundle the barebones Lineage/AOSP recovery, or bundle their own.

Someone told me to flash the stock ROM. Is that a good idea? Because I might get stuck into bootloop again. What I am thinking right now is to flash a custom ROM and never boot into recovery...

22 hours ago, Raeks said:

Someone told me to flash the stock ROM. Is that a good idea? Because I might get stuck into bootloop again. What I am thinking right now is to flash a custom ROM and never boot into recovery...

stock rom comes with a working stock recovery, so you can flash it and youll be fine. You need TWRP for any custom for Magisk and updates on custom roms and stuff. What phone do you have.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W